ABOUT MOHO & AS - WHO ANSWERS OUR QUESTIONS

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CHIO

ABOUT MOHO & AS - WHO ANSWERS OUR QUESTIONS

Post by CHIO »

Dear All:

Thanks to Mike and his shining creation MOHO, now called ANIME STUDIO, I could fulfill the dream to make my first animations.

It must have been of the first licenses of software that I bought. I really felt that it was paying by the work of a person destined to others, to a cost really very reasonable.

I learned by test & error through moho.yahoo.groups, soon would come the FORUM that in first instance cost to me to accustom to me and of which there is a wonderful group of people who disinterestedly aid to others.

A day Mike disappeared and suddenly east mail wrote that to all would give a great joy us:

viewtopic.php?p=20732#20732

Soon an intimate letter would come to the MOHO users, where Mike commented concretely on ANIME STUDIO.

viewtopic.php?p=24833#24833

Finally call appeared to the world a MOHO with make up called ANIME STUDIO, with its page Web in e-frontier, its box in shopings and all the promise of which the product was going to grow.

The truth is that as is the product it still serves to me very many, but I must say that I feel a deep usuary disappointment because the today we do not know that it happens. Fahim does not work more, but it continues appearing like moderator in the forum.

¿Who leads ANIME STUDIO today?
¿It has future?
¿Somebody takes care of bugs?
¿Mike is single employee of E-FRONTIER?
¿When the famous UP-GRADE comes?
¿because the done hundreds of script are not added?

In name of those who we felt deep affection by MOHO and we bought its license, we wished that somebody answers these questions to us.

Best regards,

CHIO

Sorry. I translate my letter with GOOGLE.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Don't worrry about the translation, Chio -- your concern comes over loud and clear. I guess we are all waiting for answers to these questions -- like children unsure when the grown-ups are going to return! The uneasy (unspoken?) fear at the back of my mind is that Anime Studio is gradually becoming abandonware -- slipping deadlines are one thing, lack of response to queries and feedback is something else.

Let's hope that rosy glow is the dawn and not sunset...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I didn't hear anything specific about updates but I did receive an email from Mike about my physics scripting in ASP.

I did not get the impression that anything was being "abandoned". As a matter of fact he seemed very excited about it.

I think we just need to be more patient. We don't know exactly how much Fahim's leaving set them back as far as project management. Or maybe something else came up.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. AS is too freaking good of a program to ever become abandon ware... that's just silly.

-vern
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

*EDIT. Vern you just beat me - thanks for that :D Here's my post anyway....

Well, we did have notification a short time ago from Mike that a new version was on it's way and listing amazing new features. I guess we are all just a little impatient due to our excitement.

It is disappointing that there isn't more contact with the Forums as it's with us, the users, that momentum and interest needs to be maintained and if e-frontier don't seem interested....

The frustrating thing is that with just a few tweaks, more exposure and yes, better support (even if it was just a presence on the Forums) AS could easily be THE software of choice for animation studio's and professionals. Before our parent company pulled the rug from under us the studio I worked for were testing several 2D packages. I can tell you that the reps were very well aware of AS and I even detected they were quite in awe of it (and worried) in a lot of ways.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I'm not concerned whether it becomes abandonware or not. I'll still use it.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Mikdog wrote:I'm not concerned whether it becomes abandonware or not. I'll still use it.
I'll keep adding new features with new scripts.

;)

-vern
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Thanks to all to give its opinions me. I want to clarify that I know perfectly that ANIME STUDIO actually allows to make all type of works experimental professionals, with no need of update some.

I wrote these lines, since I see as other products of smaller quality are permanently campaigning of marketing with updates, tools, tutorial, etc. I also understand that AS'S cost is very under compared with TOON BOOM, TOONZ, etc. but the truth is that it would yearn for that the product also arrived at more people and like owner of a license to from time to time see certain evolution in the product.

I would also like that this mail could be been responsible for somebody of E-FRONTIER.

¿Its expectation is only to sell the product? :twisted:
or ¿Single wishes to sell characters in content paradise? :?:

Best regards,

Chio

PD: At least, Now I know Mike is working still with AS (Thanks heyvern!!!) :D
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I'm concerned as well.
I think that Lost Marble allying with E-frontier was a very bad thing for Moho. There have been no updates to talk about in 1½ years, there are no official support left here at the forum answering our questions, bug-reports etc., there are virtually no information on the status of our work-tool. All we are left with is an bug-filled old software with an new stupid name and 100$ of japanese clip-art.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There have been no updates to talk about in 1½ years
If you recall Mike stated he wanted to get out from under the pressure of managing this program. Even if he hadn't hooked up with efrontier there probably wouldn't have been any more updates than we've seen.

From what I understand he has a full time job and a (relatively) new child along with trying to work on AS updates.

As I remember the updates and posting from Mike had slowed down before efrontier was even in the picture.

Patience is called for. I don't know what else you can do. I suppose you could just sit around and fret about it.

There have been updates.
There was an update for the Mac binary version. The linux version was released. There was a recent update that fixed some issues from the initial AS release for the Mac.

-vern
toonertime

there's a bum on this plane!

Post by toonertime »

I think we could phone in a bum threat
to e-frontier: WE ARE BUMS AND WE
ARE ALL GOING TO COME OVER AND
SIT IN YOUR LOBBY UNTIL YOU UPDATE
AS!!!!
Sine

Post by Sine »

I loved the Amiga. It was an amazing machine back in 86. When most Itsy Bitsy Machines were monochrome, my Amiga 1000 was doing thousands of colors and doing raytracing. It even had gold plated chips and even the creators signatures on the underside of the casing. But in the hands of Commodore, the Amiga died.
Sine =)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Huh?
jeff

Post by jeff »

Analogy
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Oh...yeah...Well, better not talk about things dying, or heyvern will attack you...Uh oh, I can see the vernsign projected onto some low cloud outside...
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

While some people chew their nails about future program versions, others already work with what's there, and make money with it.