Quicktime export crashes? The solution!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Glad you found it. Now that I've seen both threads I'm unlikely to forget this, so if it comes up here again on this forum I'll make sure other Mac type folk get pointed in the right direction.

As to why the SM 5.6 version doesn't have it -- that's the biggest question. Now that Mike is working for them full time I'd suggest he take care of this post haste (prior to that there may have been all kinds of reasons he wasn't on top of this, not the least of which is that SM didn't have their act together yet).
DJBLOKE

Quicktime Export Crash

Post by DJBLOKE »

I've been having this problem too until I exported in the MPEG-4 option and UNCHECKED the "Keyframe every ___ " in the motion section. It then exported in Quicktime with no problems! Phew!
matthewrobson

possible mac work-around for crash on quicktime export

Post by matthewrobson »

Hi to all the Mac users out there: Don't know if you've already tried this or not, but when I have an anime file that crashes on quicktime export, batch exporting the same file often works fine.

Hope that helps!

PS, is it common knowledge that pressing F5 does a half rez preview? A colleague stumbled across this nifty shortcut a couple of weeks ago: very cool!

Matthew