Moho/Flash differences. New to Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eugeneromero

Moho/Flash differences. New to Moho

Post by eugeneromero »

Hi, I'm new here and am thinking about using Moho. But before I do, can anyone tell me what some of the most important differences there are between Moho and Flash. I like that it has a camera. How does it handle audio? Flash doesn't handle audio very well. Does it support a Wacom tablet? What do you think are the biggest selling points to Moho? Thank you all for your time.
Eugene Romero
myles

Re: Moho/Flash differences. New to Moho

Post by myles »

Hello Eugene,

don't forget you can download and try out Moho - fully featured, except for watermarked export (and grayscale SWF).
eugeneromero wrote:can anyone tell me what some of the most important differences there are between Moho and Flash
Have a look at this thread in the Other Software section for a good but brief comparison between Moho and Flash (summary: Flash=interactive web graphics, Moho=cartoon character animation, with SWF output as a useful but not a core feature).
eugeneromero wrote:How does it handle audio?
A little limited - only a single soundtrack for your entire animation - combine your music, foley, and sound effects in a separate audio or compositing program.

Playback of animation in real-time can't always keep up to speed - not really a Moho problem. Rendered playback shouldn't have any problems (use MP3 sound for SWF export). See the FAQ section for some more audio details and tips.
eugeneromero wrote:Does it support a Wacom tablet?
Yes.
eugeneromero wrote:What do you think are the biggest selling points to Moho?
Designed for animators (not Actionscript programmers).
Actions! Switch Layers! Bones! Masking! Brushes. Particles.
Layer depth effects - from depth of field to pseudo 3D head turns.
Animation curves (Graph mode timeline).
Styles. Bone dynamics. Shadows and shading. Blending modes.
3D object import with toon rendering.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Tel750

Post by Tel750 »

Hi Eugene,
When I first started using Moho way back in version 2 on the mac I was also learning to use flash. I haven't used either for a couple of years. The other day I showed my 7 year old son some basics in Moho which he has now done a few basic animations. Today I had to change a background in an ad my wife had created in flash, do you think I could remember how. Thats the difference, Moho is simple but so versatile. Get it now you won't regret it.

Cheers

Tel
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"Designed for animators (not Actionscript programmers)"

I still use Flash 4 for that reason. Since version 5 Flash has embraced the techies and left non-technical animators hanging... I was afraid Moho 5 with the scripting features would go the same way but fortunately scripting is a bonus feature, not an integral part of the program. And better still, talented programmers can create effects and share them with others. 7Feet for instance.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com