A List of a VERY COOL FEATURES that Need be IMPROVED-MENDED

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

A List of a VERY COOL FEATURES that Need be IMPROVED-MENDED

Post by Rai López »

Well, it's only an opinion, but I think that with this improvements the program could be the best of the world (for me, at least...), I think that Moho has a lot of interesting features that I (or we) cant't use like I/we could wish because finaly don't work very fine... and it really drives me mad, cause the features are there, and I like'em, and I want use'em, but when I try to do it always need some feature to get the results that I want, in example:

- Depth of Fiel: "Useless" until it can be animable cause, at the moment, you can't move the camera and keep in focus the object that you want :(

- Vector Noise: works, but needs more settings in my opinion, like velocity parameter...

- Bone Dinamics: very COOL, yes... but best if it could be "activated/ desactivated" in the time (only with that it'll be PERFECT!)

- Particle Layers: are really GREAT, but NOT keyframable :(

Or another features that do NOT work fine in some situations, like:

- Shape Effects: (as well as it can't be animated) I'm talking about Texture, Splotchy or Spots effect i.e... cause all of they experiment weird and unwanted movements when camera is moved, layer is translated, bones or points are animated, or anything... NOTE1: really this is an old BUG (not a feature request), and it'll must be mended in my opinion, but well... NOTE2: I know that LM will be thinking: - "You can use Image Textures with Masking for this instead Shape Effect, stupid Spanish..." Yes, but in some situations you can't, or requires so much (innecesary) work or layers, or you can't get exatly the results that you want, believe me... (see bellow, when I talk about tutorial 4.4 i.e.)

- Switch Layer: Now that you can add bones to it (that is FANTASTIC) I'd like that it could be compatible (in some way) with masking, meanwile not, you can NOT get warping textures like in tutorial 4.4 and the texture of the body in your caracters will be deformed with bone movements yes, but not the texture of the head (if you use Switch layer for the head or another part of the body, of course), a Pity... (really pity) ...There are most details about this in the post http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=576

- 3D environment: impossible get a practical and logical order (for me at least) in a real complex proyect between numerous layouts and characters, cause layers inside groups can NOT interact in the space ( Z axis, front/back) with layers inside another groups, like in a real 3D world... I think that This is the worse of the things that I've could find in the program, at least is the first cause of my headaches... I can't understand why there in NOT an option that let us put any layer back or front of any layer independently of it be in the same group or another, sorry but I can't...

- Brushed Lines: Incredible feature, but we can see that thiner brused lines disappear so easily (and completely) when camera is moved away (not enough away) from the brused shapes, or when you decrease layer size... (that contrast enormously with the normal lines, that never are enough fines and could be another thing to improve...)

- Motion... "Blur"?: Well, what can I say about this... best if it'll be called Motion Trail, I think... (and so I can't say nothing about it :wink: )

Well, that's all (for now), I always say that add new features is fantastic thing, and I'm always very gratefull to LM for this, but is important (in my opinion) that the features that the program have works fine (or not forgot that they must be mended some day, at least...) I must say too that in recent time lots of features have be mended (like shading/shadow rectangle bug, Scale compensation for effects, actions... and others) and it's clear that the effort that the Company is doing about Moho is huge, I bear all of this in mind and I must say THANKS again for all, and I hope that the things go on in the same (right) way... BYE!

PD1: If some person that doesn't meet Moho reads this post and thinks that there are so much features in this program that don't works correctly it'll be in a mistake, there are lots of features in Moho that works PERFECTLY and are really GREAT (if not, I don't would use it and don´t bother writing this) but unfortunately I only have time to write for that things that annoys me most, and at last can seems that I "hate" the program... Sorry if I give you this impression, nothing more far away to the reality, I LOVE this program and I say it to everyboby everytime that I can, BYE!!

PD2: SORRY for my English! It really needs be mended, yes...