Any iMac users? I need some help.....

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ingie01

Any iMac users? I need some help.....

Post by ingie01 »

I successfully downloaded the update for my Windows version of ASPro. I cant seem to do the same for my iMac os x . I get a disk image icon and when I click on it it displays "disk image failed to mount"
I'm using firefox to download.
The first dialogue box asks if I want to save the file or cancel. I choose save.
Then nothing
I am confused.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

I don't have an iMac, but a G4...

Well I've downloaded my Mac-version via my Windows PC, that works, makes no problems, (it works also for a MacOSX Update from apple.com...)

I'd get a *.dmg file from the e-frontier website, copied it on an USB Stick and did put it on my Mac, it all worked fine.

And it was all made with the firefox.

Maybe you should download a Mac-DEMO version from e-frontier, you can put your Mac serial in and it must work.

However, good luck!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Try downloading again.

It worked for me without any trouble.

If the .dmg file doesn't load the download corrupted it. You need to download it again.

This happened with my initial download of the original ASP application. I thought something was wrong with MY system only to discover the .dmg was corrupeted.

-vern
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thank you heyvern,Farbklecks,
I went the way of download with windows, copy and install on my iMac.
My first impression was it was my system as well!
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
kevin

Post by kevin »

I use nothing but Macs, have for years, and have problems with corrupted files every once in a while. The good thing is the Mac tells you the dmg didn't mount. Every once in a while I have to try a few times before before getting a good dmg. One thing about that dmg - save it! It's a back up too. And places like, um... e-frontier, charge you what, 15 dollars? to mail you a disk with that very same dmg on it as a back up.