Importing vector art whit gradients . HELP

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mesme_H

Importing vector art whit gradients . HELP

Post by mesme_H »

hello everyone, im 19 years old, from Argentina and i just left abandoned Flash :)

well, my problem is this: when i import some vector image whit gadients , nothing happens or it is imported, but in a really bad, bad way (REALLY BAD).
im trying to import some images whit gradients , i don´t know if this is the problem :S . I already try whit .ESP and .ai , but does´t work .

anyone know what is whapen ?

well , another question: there are anyway of control the gradients created in Anime Studio? i know you can change the direction and de colors , but is posible change the gradient position or his size?

help please, i don´t have much time and i got to finish some work XP
thanks ;)
myles

Post by myles »

Anime Studio does not support vector import with gradients.

Either import as .png with gradients, or import plain-filled vectors and apply an Anime Studio gradient.

Anime Studio has linear and circular gradients, which are positioned according to the size of the shape.

However, you can control the position and the size of the gradient by applying it to a simple rectangle or circle, then using the real shape as a mask for this rectangle/circle.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
mesme_H

Post by mesme_H »

thank you for answer

but...
THE GRADIENT DON´T ROLL WHIT THE SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

so i have to say that AS disappointment me :(

if the import option does´t work , at least should have got a decent gradient sistem
:(

maybe next time, in a update i hope

for now , i return to Flash :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This always amazes me...

ONE FEATURE...

... and you've abandoned AS already. No effort to find a way around a small obstacle.

I thought the same thing at first. Now for me all the other great features in AS far outweigh the gradient fill issue. It is insignificant in the big picture and easy enough to get the look I need.

There are ways around the gradient issue in AS:

Masking
Image based gradient
Using the shaded or halo fill effect

Anyway... have fun with Flash.

-vern
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I've used Flash for years -- (since it was FutureSplash, actually, and they used to poke fun at Macromedia...but that's another story). Flash is a great program -- but first Macromedia, then Adobe, more or less abandoned any attempts at developing animation tools, and instead, concentrated on giving Actionscript programmers boners. Flash hasn't had any new animation tools developed since about version 3.

There are a number of reasons for using Flash -- but if you are using it solely to make animations with, then you are needlessly making your life harder. Gradients? Yeah, Flash is better at that...But making drawings move? Nah. Flash has been overtaken by many programs in that department, and this program is one of the best. The problems with swf export still really annoy me, and I cannot love the drawing tools, but there is simply nothing better out there than AS. I've looked...

My two pennies,

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I'm a flash and AnimeStudio user. Both have there negatives and positives. But you can't rule out flash as an animator. Lots of nice animations have been made with flash, as well with AnimeStudio. But I don't use Adobe's products. I use Koolmoves for flash, as it has more 2D animation features, such as...

Bones
Scenes
Particles
Actionscript
Motionscript
Lipsync - I made a lipsync program for flash called Flash LipSync
Filters
and more...

It's just what the user prefers. But I wouldn't rule out animeStudio so fast either. Lots of nice features as well. :wink:
cribble

Post by cribble »

jahnocli wrote:...concentrated on giving Actionscript programmers boners....
That's my line!
--Scott
cribble.net
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

cribble wrote:That's my line!
Sue me!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mesme_H

Post by mesme_H »

heyvern wrote:This always amazes me...

ONE FEATURE...

... and you've abandoned AS already. No effort to find a way around a small obstacle.

I thought the same thing at first. Now for me all the other great features in AS far outweigh the gradient fill issue. It is insignificant in the big picture and easy enough to get the look I need.

There are ways around the gradient issue in AS:

Masking
Image based gradient
Using the shaded or halo fill effect

Anyway... have fun with Flash.

-vern

man, of course that AS is AWSOME ! his features are fantastic !
but, i just come from Flash , becouse he was abandoned a long time ago like jahnocli said.
But i find (really quick) that AS was your own problems too, and that make me sad , i was waiting find a god in AS. And i find it , but this is not almighty :(

well, i already try to solve the gradient problem whit Masking, .PNGs , ... but don´t look good :?

And i Said that i return to Flash, becouse the work a must to do (whit nothing less of time x.x), need the holy gradients !! =P , but does´t mean that i will never return to AS !
im eager for star a new personal proyect in AS, and lern all his features !!!

well, thanks all for answer , see you next time :D
Touched

Post by Touched »

Heh, I never said Anime Studio was almighty Odin, but I could definitely see it as Thor, or perhaps Loki. :wink: Perhaps the next version will be Odin.