Anime Studio Pro VS Macromedia Flash 8

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

superanimatrix

Anime Studio Pro VS Macromedia Flash 8

Post by superanimatrix »

Hello Everone,

I am new here and will be getting ASPRO tonight. I have been animating with Macromedia 8 for about 3 years and am great at it but after I seen ASPRO I fell in love with it. What do you guys think of Macromedia VS ASPRO?
Touched

Post by Touched »

I'm a former Flash user. Flash was the holy grail I had been looking for back when version 6 was the newest version (and when they started using letters instead of version numbers). It served me well for many years, but as version after version came out with no new features that would benefit character animation, I remained using version 6 and not upgrading, and I wondered when they would finally include things more useful to character animators. I thought, hoped, that with Adobe's acquisition of the software they would take it in more of that direction. But in the meantime I had discovered AS, and started becoming familiar with it, and finding it more useful than Flash (though the migration was less than easy), with more abilities that would allow me to animate in ways that Flash didn't like to do. When the latest version of Flash was released by Adobe, I saw that they had still not made useful character animation improvements to rival AS, so here I remain. Now, AS is my holy grail.
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

The world needs people who are 'great', even if they are only 12!
Maybe you can show us all the way to greatness :)

If I had your confidence I could probably rule the world. I am over 60, and this world is still a mystery to me, but maybe I am just dim!!!!-

Edit: I see you joined on the 21st August. My computer tells me that today is the 22nd August, 13 posts in 24 housrs or less??????? You are at the least a prolific member!!!
superanimatrix

Post by superanimatrix »

Touched wrote:I'm a former Flash user. Flash was the holy grail I had been looking for back when version 6 was the newest version (and when they started using letters instead of version numbers). It served me well for many years, but as version after version came out with no new features that would benefit character animation, I remained using version 6 and not upgrading, and I wondered when they would finally include things more useful to character animators. I thought, hoped, that with Adobe's acquisition of the software they would take it in more of that direction. But in the meantime I had discovered AS, and started becoming familiar with it, and finding it more useful than Flash (though the migration was less than easy), with more abilities that would allow me to animate in ways that Flash didn't like to do. When the latest version of Flash was released by Adobe, I saw that they had still not made useful character animation improvements to rival AS, so here I remain. Now, AS is my holy grail.
Yes I agree. I see no big improvements for flash plus it takes forever to create a decent animation. The ups guy just droped off my ASPRO and I am so excited to get started learning this. I learned flash super fast so I hope this will be the same. The main reason I decided to purchase ASPRO is after I seen GreyKids stuff and was amazed on how smooth everything looked. I'm just wondering if I should purchase PhotoShop to draw my characters and backgrounds!
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Yeah - Photoshop is only about $600, no problemo. At your current rate of learning, you should be able to master it in about 3 hours. Have you cracked ASP yet? Be sure to let us all know :)

Some fools take years of studying to learn anything. Refreshing to meet someone like you, a modest genius.
andyriley

Post by andyriley »

As a member of the British Computer Society I was able to buy the student version of Macromedia Studio a few years ago, installed it and tried to use it. Subsequently, it was uninstalled after failing to climb the learning curve and I don't miss it.

I've had ASP for a while now but still consider myself a newbie (mainly because I concentrate on 3d - only so many hours in the day) but I love using ASP. And there's the difference - ASP is enjoyable to use mainly, I think, because I can get better results more quickly with ASP than with other packages (Flash, ToonBoom, etc.)
superanimatrix

Post by superanimatrix »

JimmyC wrote:Yeah - Photoshop is only about $600, no problemo. At your current rate of learning, you should be able to master it in about 3 hours. Have you cracked ASP yet? Be sure to let us all know :)

Some fools take years of studying to learn anything. Refreshing to meet someone like you, a modest genius.
Thanks so much for the compliment. I just got ASP and am reading over the tutorials right now. I'll keep you all up to date. Do you think it would be easier and better to use photoshop to make my backgrounds and characters?
superanimatrix

Post by superanimatrix »

andyriley wrote:As a member of the British Computer Society I was able to buy the student version of Macromedia Studio a few years ago, installed it and tried to use it. Subsequently, it was uninstalled after failing to climb the learning curve and I don't miss it.

I've had ASP for a while now but still consider myself a newbie (mainly because I concentrate on 3d - only so many hours in the day) but I love using ASP. And there's the difference - ASP is enjoyable to use mainly, I think, because I can get better results more quickly with ASP than with other packages (Flash, ToonBoom, etc.)
Yeah I have a feeling that things will move alot faster with ASP. Flash just takes too long to animate and build characters. Also it's just not as smooth when it comes to moving the characters.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Jimmy C -- did I detect just a touch of sarcasm there? Or are my antennae unduly sensitive?...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

Have I wondered into a meeting of Flash Users Anonymous? Sorry, It had never touched my lips.

You should definitely use AS-Pro to design your character. I've always hated drawing with the computer. Scanned all my drawings in and went from there. But with AS-Pro the mouse in mow my friend.

Photoshop Elements is cheaper (at least when I bought it) and I use it to create bachgrounds and texture for my works.

Go forth my child and do great things :D

F.C.Snow
cribble

Post by cribble »

jahnocli wrote:Jimmy C -- did I detect just a touch of sarcasm there? Or are my antennae unduly sensitive?...
I felt it too... it's like a Gillette six razor blade... you don't feel it, but it's done, and it there!

But yeah, Flash is gash. In the right hands it'll work for you, else there's that learning curve to jump over, which i never quite fancied personally. AS is soooo much easier.
--Scott
cribble.net
FWal

Post by FWal »

jahnocli wrote:Jimmy C -- did I detect just a touch of sarcasm there? Or are my antennae unduly sensitive?...
I saw it too...hmm... :roll:
Meh.
superanimatrix

Post by superanimatrix »

FWal wrote:
I saw it too...hmm... :roll:
Sarcasm? what are you guys taking about? :?:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If you can't see it, it isn't there.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Sarcy - me??? You must be all mistaken!!!

Janimattrix - you must have ASP cracked by now- you have had it it for at least 2 or 3 hours.. Please give us your take on it. If you buy Photoshop, please give us all the skinny on that too. We need people like you

I am great at singing. No one has ever told me so, but I just know it. Us people who are great at things must stick together.

PS I am great at golf, snooker and tennis as well.