Voiceover artists?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

Voiceover artists?

Post by jhbmw007 »

What is an average rate to pay for voiceover work? I have a few people that do or will be doing voiceovers for me- mainly via their own computer and then email me the sound files. I wouldn't call them professional v.o. artists or anything- but I don't take them for granted because I suck at voices lol. But honestly- it takes them all of maybe 20 minutes to put down the lines (after repeat takes and whatnot), and me countless hours to animate... so what would be a fair rate of compensation do you think?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

go to http://www.voice123.com , and check out the various rates on offer
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I could probably do some voice work, depending on what you're needing? I have a M-Audio Aries mic that's hooked up to a M-Audio Buddy preamp that goes into a M-Audio Revolution sound card. ;)
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

jahnocli wrote:go to http://www.voice123.com , and check out the various rates on offer
Some of that priing is high. There are many factors but obtaining world rights is key - you don't want to have just North America TV rights only then discover Austyralia want to show the film and you need to pay more for the new regions. Similarly, new media rights are required if you want toshw your clip on Atom films etc.

Just go into the negotiations prepared. I have has pro artists do 10 minute broadcast episodes (with multiple characters) for under $200. It depends on the individual, whether there is more work later (voicing a pilot which might lead to a series later, for example).

Explain to a voice over artist what yo are doing, what the budsget is, and come to an agreement where they can use your anmation clip on their vo website - the price often drops.

Also remember there are lots of amateur theatrics compainies out there with people who want to branch out. I have advertised in the local press and found myself beating them off with a stick.
Rhoel.
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

Hey, let us know if you'll be wanting some of us to audition for you, I might take a stab at it. :D
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com
Kazerad

Post by Kazerad »

Check what you can get for free before paying any money. The people at places such as http://voiceacting.proboards62.com/index.cgi ask only to be put in the credits and shown the end product. Most of them aren't professional, but there's definitely a few gems.

Personally, though, I like to work with voicers in person. Just using some friends gives you the option of telling them to redo things or do them differently at any point in the recording process.
superanimatrix

Re: Voiceover artists?

Post by superanimatrix »

jhbmw007 wrote:What is an average rate to pay for voiceover work? I have a few people that do or will be doing voiceovers for me- mainly via their own computer and then email me the sound files. I wouldn't call them professional v.o. artists or anything- but I don't take them for granted because I suck at voices lol. But honestly- it takes them all of maybe 20 minutes to put down the lines (after repeat takes and whatnot), and me countless hours to animate... so what would be a fair rate of compensation do you think?
I am an animator but also I do narrations and cartoon voices. I have my own recording studio and I use a Neumann TLM103 Studio Microphone and anyone can telll you that it has an amazing beautiful sound. pm me and let me know what your budget is.

my website is superanimatrix.com :D
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

It only take you hours? Man I must suck, it takes me days. If it is something simple, post you lines, here and maybe I’ll give it a shot. I do some male voices. My female sounds fake. I will post on Lulu.com for free. If it something that will take up a lot of my time I’ll pass and suggest that you hire someone.

Dale
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Free sounds good! Thanks for the link- question though: If I post an audition here is it assumed that I'm not offering any pay or do I need to disclose that? I didn't see any mention of pay...
Kazerad wrote:Check what you can get for free before paying any money. The people at places such as http://voiceacting.proboards62.com/index.cgi ask only to be put in the credits and shown the end product. Most of them aren't professional, but there's definitely a few gems.

Personally, though, I like to work with voicers in person. Just using some friends gives you the option of telling them to redo things or do them differently at any point in the recording process.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

VoiceDaddy
RadioDaddy

Try these too