HELP: Have to reinstall Anime Studio Pro, need password

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jboissy

HELP: Have to reinstall Anime Studio Pro, need password

Post by jboissy »

Greetings!

Over the weekend I had a major problem with my Mac laptop and had to back up what I could and reformat the hard drive. One of the apps I lost was Anime Studio Pro. I have my old serial number for Moho 5, but I can't seem to find the new serial number for ASP. Can anyone from LM or eF help me out?

BTW... I have submitted an e-mail to customer service, but I'm posting here as well. A little CYA never hurt. :D

Cheers!
jB
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi

did you log into Content Paradise and look in "my stuff"?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Did you happen to back up your email by any chance?

I save all my email and that's one of things I always backup.

If you saved the email with the serial number from efrontier it would be in there.

-vern
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

Patmals wrote:Hi

did you log into Content Paradise and look in "my stuff"?
Hi jboissy
This works!

I just tried out, looked on "My stuff".
Saw my ordered things/stuff from e-frontier and Content Paradise.
I clicked on my anime studio order...
YES! - my serial number was also here!

I hope you didn't loose your entry codes for C.P. too!

And I also save my serials a lot more than twice, I write it down on notes, on CD's, save it as txt files, and so on...
I'm a chaotic person, but it saved me a lot of times.
Mohlar

Post by Mohlar »

I can also be a bit disorganised, but what I always do is save my registration details and code in two ways --- once in a document used for storing all such information (reprinted after every update to insure against a crash) and also as a small text file which I keep in a backup folder where the installer is kept.

None of that is helpful, however, if you didn't make a note of the code when you initially downloaded and registered the software.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Good tips Mohlar.

I am very impatient and often forget to print out everything I should... but I always make backups of my email folders. And I print my online purchase receipts to pdf and back them up with my regular back ups.

I can go on a disk and find email from 1998!

I get annoyed with my clients who delete their email as soon as they read it. I have to constantly resend stuff.

"What email Vern? I deleted that already."
"I just sent it 5 minutes ago!"
"They take up space you know."
"<sigh>"

I once had to send an invoice 3 times... wait a second... I see a pattern here... ;)

-vern
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Mohlar wrote:I can also be a bit disorganised, but what I always do is save my registration details and code in two ways --- once in a document used for storing all such information (reprinted after every update to insure against a crash) and also as a small text file which I keep in a backup folder where the installer is kept.

None of that is helpful, however, if you didn't make a note of the code when you initially downloaded and registered the software.
I do that kinda stuff, too. One place is a text file in a folder -- sometimes I just hit Print, and click Save as PDF instead. I use long file names so I can find stuff easily. I don't put 'em in a document, cuz then I need a program to open that document, and I gotta search that document. A folder full of well-named files, and the Mac's Spotlight search feature, serves me well.

I don't print 'em, but I do back up to an external FW. Maybe I should print. Good idea.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't print 'em, but I do back up to an external FW. Maybe I should print. Good idea.
Don't even need to print them as long as you back them up OUTSIDE OF THE COMPUTER.

I back up my folder with all my web purchase reciept PDFs regularly as if they were live jobs.

This saves on paper and ink and I still have a copy if the computer explodes or is snatched by aliens or.. it Trinity hacks the Matrix...

... did you hear the latest? There is a 20% chance we are all inside a sophisticated computer simulation like the matrix. That would explain a lot.

-vern
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

heyvern wrote: ... did you hear the latest? There is a 20% chance we are all inside a sophisticated computer simulation like the matrix. That would explain a lot.
I don't know what's funnier, the notion itself, or the spurious "probability". I've got my own algorithm for that, and I come up with a different number.
:wink:
Back on topic: I suppose it only makes sense to print stuff that's relevant to things you don't need your computer for, like a receipt for online bill payments... the sort of thing you might want to dig up and refer to even if the power's out and you can't use your computer.... software receipts can wait til you've got a computer to read them, I guess, since, without the computer, you can't use the software anyway.
-=-
OSX 10.4.9
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I guess my mistake is assuming EVERYONE has more than one computer to "read" PDF files on a backup. :oops: like having more than one television or more than one phone.

I couldn't live with only one computer. Good grief... one computer. What would I play solitaire on when I'm rendering a huge file? ;)

------------
p.s. Regarding the 20% chance for living in the Matrix. It makes sense.

If some advanced intelligence creates a virtual world of "electronic" creatures like us, potentially there could be many many many more virtual people than real people. The odds are in favor of the fact that there is a very good chance we are MORE LIKELY to be virtual than real.

Choices:
1. We aren't virtual. We are real
2. It is very likely WE will create REAL LIVING virtual beings in the near future
3. Advance intelligence older than "us" has already done this.
4. it is very likely we are virtual creatures in a matrix.

Something around... like... um... near... 20%.

Just think... we could be some 4th graders science class experiment. Or a bunch of characters in "The Sims XPCSMX Pro v456.7.

I strongly recommend the movie "The 13th Floor". It was made before "the Matrix" and speaks to this. Amazingly fun and freaky movie.

-vern
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Heck, Vern, I'd love to debate and discuss this with you, but I think we should probably not do it here on the forum. Looks like we've thought along similar lines in lots of ways.

It definitely gets my attention when people put a % chance of something in their estimates or theories, because I find, so often, that there's no basis at all for the number -- they just thought the number "felt right" to them, and made their point.
-=-
OSX 10.4.9
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha ha!

I only heard about this on Keith Olberman. It was his #1 story on the count down which he usually saves for slightly silly "comedic" news events.

So... one night it might be Paris Hilton in jail... the next... we all live in the Matrix.

I think the "20%" was maybe sort of a... joke really.

p.s.
I've been poking at the floor with a sharp stick to see if I can find the edges of the virtual reality. So far nothing yet. I'll let you guys know if I make any progress.

;)

-vern
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

If you see the same black cat twice....

.... invite the poor kitty in and give him some food, he's hungry.
-=-
OSX 10.4.9
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

heyvern wrote:I've been poking at the floor with a sharp stick to see if I can find the edges of the virtual reality.
I've had some success at this with a wire hanger and electrical outlets. ;)
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]