Upcoming update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BunyanFilms

Is the image sequence import working?

Post by BunyanFilms »

I have just updated my Mac version of AS Pro to 5.5 in the hope that one of the main bugs was fixed. This was the image sequence import. I have just been trying to get an image sequence to actually import (a PNG sequence) but I repeatedly get a message popping up in a Lua Console with a nil value. Is there some trick to this image sequence import or does it still not work?
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Using Anime Studio Pro 5.5 / OSX 10.4.10

Since upgrading to version 5.5, build 20070601p, everything is working perfectly so far,
(Image Texture, Import Image Sequence, Bone Wiggle).

Do you still keep the old version on your Hard Drive... if so... delete it..,
and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers
Nolan
BunyanFilms

Still no good

Post by BunyanFilms »

Nolan
I am using a MAC intel system OSX 10.4.10 and have just clean all files from my machine and have installed the new AS 5.5 20070601p. Unfortunately I still get the image sequence import problem.
Basically I get a message coming up saying
Studio Pro/scripts/menu/Image/js_image_sequence.lua:188 attempt to concatenate a nil value

I am trying to import a PNG sequence. The files are named Sc20001.png through to Sc20010.png.
I can import them as single images without any problems.
The bone audio wiggle is working. I haven't tried image texture yet as I don't use that much anyway.

Any ideas?
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Well, I presume Anime Studio cant read file names like that.
Change your filenames: like Sc2001 to Sc2010 and try again.

Cheers
Nolan
BunyanFilms

Post by BunyanFilms »

Cheers Nolan.
The shortening of the file names did the trick. Something to remember while outputting files from different applications.

Antony
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Patmals wrote:It doesn't have the features MIke said he demonstrated at siggraph.
This version was meant to be released when the Linux version was released.
So I asked before, but am willing to ask again - is there any official word on when the version with the new features will be released?
J. Baker

Re: Upcoming update

Post by J. Baker »

Lost Marble wrote: Finally, we've improved the Image Texture fill effect. The images you use now stick to the object as it animates, warping with the underlying bone structures:

http://www.lostmarble.com/misc/Siggraph ... tures1.mov

-Mike
I thought images already stuck to objects?

http://lostmarble.com/moho/features/sho ... xtures.mov

I haven't used this feature but it looks like they do the same thing?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Don't mix up images with textures. Although both link to external bitmap files, their integration within AS is different. An image is bound directly to a bone, whereas a texture is embedded inside a shape. When this shape moves, its including rectangle moves differently and causes the texture to behave in unpredictable ways (right now).
BunyanFilms

Post by BunyanFilms »

In a fit of creative thought I applied some textures to a test figure. Wow this looks pretty good and opens up so many possibilities...
http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~bunyanfil ... chap02.jpg
but alas I forgot that the images do not stick to the objects.....
Who can't wait for this to be fixed up! Any news?
Antony
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Antony, your character can be done with images right now, without waiting for a new software version.

You just have to duplicate the seperate vector layers of the parts of the armour and use them as masks for image layers. You will end up with a bunch of group folders for all those parts, but these can handled like single layers and bound to bones.
BunyanFilms

Post by BunyanFilms »

I'll give it a go. How do you handle the vector outline for the shapes? Would I need another duplicate layer with no fill and just the line work?
hereticartist

confused with AS 5.5

Post by hereticartist »

I might be a little confused. I upgraded to AS 5.5 about a month ago, but I haven't found any documentation on how to use some of the new features, such as path animation and layer reordering. Was this included in the current release? Is there a new build of 5.5? My current version is 5.5 build 20070601p. I am running the pro version.

Thanks for the help
J. Baker

Re: confused with AS 5.5

Post by J. Baker »

hereticartist wrote:I might be a little confused. I upgraded to AS 5.5 about a month ago, but I haven't found any documentation on how to use some of the new features, such as path animation and layer reordering. Was this included in the current release? Is there a new build of 5.5? My current version is 5.5 build 20070601p. I am running the pro version.

Thanks for the help
No new features in the 5.5 update. I believe it just added unicode support and bug fixes for the mac. Kind of a strange update I think but hopefully the next update with the new features and some more bug fixes for all os's will be soon.
hereticartist

Post by hereticartist »

Hey, thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to wait for the next version
heiseman

Velocity Curves

Post by heiseman »

The layer reordering looks cool. But I'm sticking with Moho until they have better ease in/out controls on the timeline. Velocity curves would be nice (like after effects, flash and alot of other animation software). Animating a bouncing ball should be simple, but in Moho it is far from. The ball slows down just prior to hitting the ground. It should accelerate the whole time until impact.