Upcoming update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Lost Marble wrote:
Rudiger wrote:I thought about this, but Mike did not explicitly say that a texture fill would conform to the shape for point animation. If it does, then it's a very powerful feature indeed. You could use it to distort images with an arbitrary 2D mesh, like the liquify filter in Photoshop, only animated!
No, a texture fill will not conform to the shape for point animation. As you move points around, more texture will be exposed, and the texture won't "swim" on top of the shape like it does now, but it won't warp itself to conform to the 2D shape either.

The texture warping is based on bones.
Oops! :oops:

Sorry for getting that wrong. I'm still excited about it though.

-vern
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

:idea:

Vern: is there a way to superimpose your texture, boned and ready to be distorted, with the outline, so that you get the same effect you're looking for? Pardon me if you've already thought of that -- just an idea in case you hadn't.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

mooncaine wrote:Vern: is there a way to superimpose your texture, boned and ready to be distorted, with the outline, so that you get the same effect you're looking for? Pardon me if you've already thought of that -- just an idea in case you hadn't.
you could bind bones for each point.
and add another bones if you want better results.

here is an example (right click, save as)
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Wow, selgin, that's very cool!
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hey selgin! I love that page of your drawing book! It is fantastic!
:lol:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Genete wrote:Hey selgin! I love that page of your drawing book! It is fantastic!
:lol:
jeje, thank you. this page is actually one of my notes in university lesson.
...you now know the reason my grades are not too good, i never write :roll:
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Look like some wonderful updates in the works Mike. I posted a blog entry at animationblogspot.com with links to your samples of upcoming features.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
toonertime

dibujandor

Post by toonertime »

hey, fun sketches!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

mooncaine wrote::idea:

Vern: is there a way to superimpose your texture, boned and ready to be distorted, with the outline, so that you get the same effect you're looking for? Pardon me if you've already thought of that -- just an idea in case you hadn't.
I still think the bone distortion of a texture fill (the new feature) will work for me.

I have sort of... shape faked simplistic stylized fur or hair for my characters. They are all bone animation... if I fill the interior "main" body shape with a "simple" texture it should still work. All of my animation is done with bones. I don't use any point motion.

My hope is that a texture fill with this new feature will distort "smoothly" using region binding. With image warping region binding is absolutely useless.

Also I hate to use so many masks (image layer) just to throw in a texture fill.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

All of my animation is done with bones. I don't use any point motion.
:shock:
Please use point motion UNDER bone binding! If the points are bound to a bone its movements are relative to it. It would allow reduce the amount of bones a lot and would make your character movements more ... more cartoon like and less robotic. Believe me. You can always use actions for that kind of point motion and recover them when you want.

... Neither a little small and simply point motion in none of your animations? :roll:
:wink:
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Neither a little small and simply point motion in none of your animations?
Not usually. It's too... troublesome to keep track if I change things. If I tweak points for a specific situation then later move the bones I have to "retweak" it again. If it was controlled by bones ahead of time I don't have to do anything.

Anything that I can animate with points I can stick a bone in there and "automate it" with constraints.

This comes from my mostly 3D animation background.

In Animation Master you don't really have an option for "point" motion... well you do of course. You can animate anything... but usually you "attach" this motion directly to a bone's specific rotation value. If you move points to fix a problem area when a bone moves you attach that motion directly to that bone so it ALWAYS moves those points at that rotation.

Also in Animation Master we use TONS of fan bones and/or "bone/point binding". You try to get the character to work in nearly any position then animation is a snap. Or you could get it "close" and tweak it as you go along as described above.

I find that by doing as much as possible using bones it makes life easier. I may "tweak" points if it isn't "perfect"... but I prefer bones.

-vern
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

e-frontier have added AS & AS Pro to the Updates drop-down list - but disappointingly there's nothing in there just yet. But this must mean it's close :-)
Kazerad

Post by Kazerad »

Hm.. the layer reordering looks nice, but still no improved Flash export? Having your weighted lines export as dozens of tiny symbols is not a fun thing for web designers.
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

dazza101 wrote:e-frontier have added AS & AS Pro to the Updates drop-down list - but disappointingly there's nothing in there just yet. But this must mean it's close :-)
Looks like I spoke too soon - the update options for AS & AS pro have been removed :?
Touched

Post by Touched »

Heh, I had just checked that dropdown list the day before yesterday, and there was no Anime Studio in there, but when you mentioned it was added yesterday I went and saw it there. And now it's gone again today, as you said.