adobe after effects pro CS 3 and Anime Studio Pro 5?????????

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ingie01

adobe after effects pro CS 3 and Anime Studio Pro 5?????????

Post by ingie01 »

afp=after effects pro
asp=anime studio pro

afp comes with a puppet tool and other animation tools that work with vectors. is there any way asp could either export or in any way send it's vector information to afp? (or viseaversa )
Any ideas?

(didn't really know where to post since this crossed my mind while web surfing)
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

I hear that AE can now import .swf files. -That's vector. Maybe that would suit your needs.

BTW, I watched a demo about the puppet tool. Seems it's not really like the bone distortion you get in ASP. It looks to me like it opens up a new form of character animation where the end result looks a lot like a rubber band. If you wanted to do something that looks cel-ish, you'd be better off with ASP.
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

You've given us something to think about... but using "afp" is confusing.

I'm just discovering a happy benefit of outputting to video instead of SWF: I can use Flash 8's video encoder [the separate app that comes with it, Flash Video Encoder, or "fve"], and it lets me make very specific choices for keyframes. That's cool, since I made the animation and I know darn well which keyframes would be good to have in the video file. Nice, small vids, fairly clean, imo, and I'm only gettin' started with it.

It was great to discover I already owned an app that would let *me* control video compression keyframes.

I haven't tried alpha channels, though, since I know there's an alpha rendering bug in ASP as of Monday, August 6, 2007. I'm hoping that's fixed in the update that we'll see ... soon?
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thanks, slice and mooncaine. This interested me because of the possibility of yet another way to utilize applications in ways not tried.
I love to experiment!
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
cribble

Post by cribble »

I've heard that, although you may be able to animate vector and what not, it doesn't export to true .swf vector afterwards. I think it exports as an embedded video type thing.

But still, i love this puppet tool is AE. Possibly the funnest thing i've played with for a while.
--Scott
cribble.net
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

I guess the effect from the puppet tool would be better described as "taffy-like". I didn't find the movement they demonstrated to be terribly life-like but I'm sure that you could work it to a point where it is.