Drawing queries

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Shanty Baba

Drawing queries

Post by Shanty Baba »

I have 2 questions about drawing in AS

(i) Is there a shortcut or a script for filling and outlining a closed shape made with the "Add Point" tool with the same colour? At the moment I copy the code in the Color Picker from Fill to Outline, which is a bit tedious. Or put another way, can a shape made with the Add Point tool be filled, but not outlined?

(ii) Is there a way to draw straight line in AS, similar to say using the line tool in Illustrator?

Cheers,
Shanty
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Hi Shanty,

1. Simply untick 'Enable Outline' in the 'Style' menu on the right..

2. Two connected points will create a perfect straight line. If you want sharp corners (if that's what you mean) click the 'Peak Points' tool (P).

Dale
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

AmigaMan,

Thanks for those tips. I followed your advice, and so am I right in thinking that an outline is automatically applied, and deselecting "Enable Outline" then removes it. For the straight line issue, I adjusted the Freehand Options "Pixel tolerance" and I now get only 2 points. Perfect! Is there a way to delete points in a similar way to adding them?

Thanks
Shanty
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I use the translate tool to select single points and delete them with 'delete'.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

you have to tick the box before you create the shape...
Also, the copy/paste issue - if you change the colours while no shape is selected, that will be the default colour of any new shape created - so copy once from your shape to when theres no shape selected and you wont have to keep copy/pasting the style... also, you could create a style, then select it in the drop down when theres no shape selected - so all new shapes will have the style applied by default... that way you can tweak the colour of all the shapes with that style later.

:)