Keyframeable Randomize Function in Particle Layers ¿...?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Keyframeable Randomize Function in Particle Layers ¿...?

Post by Rai López »

In other frame than zero, why when I press Randomize Button (with Particle Layer Tool selected) this create a Key in the Timeline, if in Particle Layers you can't do changes (pity) over the time? I mean, when you press Randomize in frame 6 (i.e.) the particles change their position, yes... but if you go (i.e.) to frame 12 and press Randomize one more time, the particles change their position again, but if you return to frame 6 (when you create the first key) the particles have been redistributed cause you pressed Randomize in frame 12... seems that the changes don't have been manteined, then why this funtion creates keyframes in Timeline particle channel? Am I doing something wrong? Can somebody resolves my doubts? Well, THANK YOU!! (If you can :wink: )
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It's a little bug for the Randomize button to add a keyframe to the timeline - that keyframe does not really exist. If you go to a different layer and then come back to the particle layer, that keyframe will no longer appear (since it didn't exist in the first place).

What the Randomize button does is pick new start positions and trajectories for the particles. So, for example, if you're using a particle layer to simulate grass or a crowd (as in Tutorial 6.2), but you don't like where the grass blades or people are placed, click the Randomize button to re-arrange them in new positions.

There's no real reason to use the Randomize button during an animation - it changes the particles for the entire animation, not just the current frame.