Anime Studio Book?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Anime Studio Book?

Post by Genete »

http://www.amazon.com/Anime-Studio-eFro ... 377&sr=1-1

It says it will be released Oct 11, 2007.
Can be interesting to read a review...
-G
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

could be interesting, but i just fear it will contain less than you can learn through one day on these forums... I would be much more interested in advanced rigging techniques but i think because the program is so broad its really a case of 'there is no right answer' beyond the basics... you have to tackle every situation as it comes.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i can't find exactly who is kelly l murdock or what is his relation with AS, but seems to be he knows a lot of a lot of software... :roll:
anyway, would be really interesting reading an AS bible (i hope mr murdock were reading this forum meanwhile wrote his book).
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

The author, Kelly Murdock, also wrote Poser 7 Revealed: The efrontier Official Guide, which I purchased. It is basically just a printed version of the user manual, with some additional content. Handy if you like something in hardcopy. I suspect that this will be along similar lines... Although hopefully, this would cover and update everything up to v6????
kevin

Post by kevin »

Well, it better be for version 6 or else it won't have any market value. Where is version 6, anyway? I expect it daily and can't wait to get my hands on it.
myles

Post by myles »

Well, I thought it was stated in the Announcement section and in this thread that the next release will be a bugfix version with the addition of Unicode support (a significant feature, especially for non-English users, and having dabbled in Unicode myself I'm sure it was a significant change to the code) - probably version 5.6.
Oh, and the return of single-frame render to the standard version, some clean-up of the manual/tutorials, and maybe some minor feature clean-up.

The version 6 feature request thread is for some future release, date unspecified, not the next release, if I've read the announcements correctly.

So my advice is not to get too over-excited at this stage expecting new features.

Of course, Mike has a knack for pulling large rabbits out of very small hats, so even minor updates can hold something interesting.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have to agree that publishing a book like this would be a waste of money if it only covered the current version... Unless... version 6 is still a ways off. The book could cover the transition and probably still have value even after a new version.

Of course.. if it did cover the "new" version this would mean the author would have access to it... hmm. I wish I had access to it. ;) I suppose the author could write it based on the current version and update it when the new version is ready.

Man I would love to write a book on advanced techniques... maybe self publish on Lulu.com. Trouble is I've never written something like that. I imagine it is quite a lot of work.

-vern
Stephen X

Hey Vern!

Post by Stephen X »

I wish you would write a book, or at least have a section dedicated on this forum solely for your teachings. You are a God. I think you could make some money collecting everything you posted and create a PDF which explains advanced techniques.

I don't know if anyone has suffers from this problem, but I have a hard time focusing and learing new techniques to my everyday software. In my spare time I read through the forum, but it is a good bit of hunting and pecking.

So in a nutshell, I would shell out bucks for your knowledge!

Cheers
Steph
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

that's opportunity knocking at the door.

if you need help, i can donate proofreading time.

my barter trade to the help you extended to me.

but, you hafta mention my name in your book, okay?
Stephen X

Vern for PRESIDENT!

Post by Stephen X »

How can you say "no" now? You are the equivilent of Tom Jones live on stage to this forum. Don't make 2,000 geeks throw their knickers on stage for you.

I think you would make some desperately needed materials for the community.

Cheers
Stephen :oops:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

<clickity clack clickity clack>

Shhhhhhh!!! Keep it down!

I'm typing...

<clickity clack clickity clack>

;)

-vern
Stephen X

VERN today! VERN tomorrow! VERN forever!

Post by Stephen X »

Now Vern--don't toy with my emotions. I am a sensitive artist type with a very delicate constitution.

Make it happen!
S :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I will.

It isn't "creative" so hopefully my creative "perfectionism" won't be as much of an issue. ;)

I am in the process of searching through all of my posts so I can see what I've got.

This may take a while. ;)

-vern
VidE

Post by VidE »

I've seen the Poser 7 book and it's pretty useless. To me a good manual tells you what the tools are, what their obvious uses they have and then how they might be used in non-obvious ways. For AS some applied situations similar to but beyond the programs own tutorials would be helpful.

Possible sections: AS for Illustrator/Freehand users-how to rethink drawing and organizing: Character Assembling/rigging-(OK, obvious, but hey); Head turning; Situations to use 1) Bone Animation 2) Point Animation 3) Layer Animation and 4) layer switching; Tips for drawing backgrounds and moving characters in front of them-perspective-timing, all that. And maybe include an artist or two with really different technical approaches-the pros and cons of the different ways.

Some of this is pure AS, some just comes with animation in a 2D world. I'm a video editor with a fair amount of motion grafx/3D experience. But 2D is really a whole new ball game.

So I'd love to see a series of projects that can demonstrate how to apply this quirky (but powerful) program in a more thorough way than the included demos.

Nothing like asking for the moon...

The typical response in this forum is: "Do the demos and look through the forums". But to have a cohesive guide/manual would be REALLY nice. :-) And if the Poser authors' book is anything to go by, you won't have any competition.
Gnaws

Re: Vern for PRESIDENT!

Post by Gnaws »

Stephen X wrote:You are the equivilent of Tom Jones live on stage to this forum.
Here come my lederhosen at your head, Vern!