Firefox trouble logging in

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PatrickS

Firefox trouble logging in

Post by PatrickS »

Every now and then it seems impossible to log in with Firefox. I enter my user and pass and the page just refreshes, or I return to the mainforum window without having logged in. The problem occurs every now and then and resolves itself after a few days. Does anybody know what is going on?
Genete

Post by Genete »

I use Firefox and don't have that problem.
Try to clean all the cookies and private information and start it over.
No other idea.
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh my!

I have this problem CONSTANTLY!

Uh... until I realize I was typing my password incorrectly or just using the wrong one entirely (I have like 50 passwords in my head). ;)

Make absolutely sure it isn't user error. Nine times out of ten it's user error.

Also be aware that almost ALL forums like this will force you to login again at least once a month. Even if you have it set to remember you. This is just to make sure you are who you are I suppose.

I could imagine if you bought a computer on ebay and they left their cookies in the browser... you could hijack that persons identity.

I have also had problems where FireFox would crash or I have to force quit and I need to login again probably because I was on the forum when it crashed and it "broke" the cookies. Doesn't happen very often.

The worse problem for me with FF is the Flash Player contextual menu options don't work (Mac). When I try to change the quality of a Flash swf it pops up my browser history panel... really weird.

-vern
PatrickS

Post by PatrickS »

I am sure it isn't my fault, because if I try with explorer I have no problem getting on the forum. It also seems that even if I tick "remember me", firefox keeps forgetting my details or something.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i use FF and have no issues :?

cool website btw - nice work you got there. :)
Victorio

Post by Victorio »

I use Firefox and have not experienced the forum log in problem you described. As others have suggested, I would try clearing out the browser cache. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Del will remove all private data that Firefox has collected. If that doesn't work, I would uninstall it, delete anything left in the Firefox folder, and then reinstall the application.

As for your other concern of too many passwords to remember, I had the same problem. The best solution I have found is to download RoboForm. It is an excellent program that will automatically encrypt and keep track of all your passwords and enter them for you as needed with one click. A free version that will hold up to 10 passwords is available from the RoboForm Website at www.roboform.com. If you want an unlimited number of passwords, there is a one time charge of $29.95 for the Pro version. The application will work on both IE and FF.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

i use firefox as well, without any issues
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

Try this:

Go to >Edit > Preferences
Go to the Security Tab
Click on Show Passwords
Then Click on Show Password again in the new "window" and Click Yes.

Make sure you have the Lost Marble password correct and insure that there is only one password present
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com
PatrickS

Post by PatrickS »

Thanks guys, but I am 100% sure the password was correct every time I tried.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

FF works fine from Cambodia - using both ff1 and FF2