Rose Agent Released - Newest Anime Studio Character

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fahim

Rose Agent Released - Newest Anime Studio Character

Post by Fahim »

Rose Agent Character Pack

Introducing Rose Agent, the first authentic, anime style 2D character from e frontier. Professionally designed completely within and for Anime Studio, Rose Agent is vector drawn and fully rigged with bones to leverage Anime Studio’s unique animation capabilities. She is capable of even the most finely detailed movements, for truly professional quality animations.

Whether you are a beginner who wants a valuable tool to help you learn bone-based Inverse Kinematics and vector animation, or a seasoned animator that needs a high-end character for your next studio project, this Character Pack provides everything you need to start creating your own anime adventures.

Check The Rose Agent Character Pack here:
www.e-frontier.com/go/roseagentpack

To see the flash demo, please go here:
www.e-frontier.com/go/roseagentflash

Regards,

Fahim

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Pretty impressive ... and I had a good laugh watching the Flash movie. Was it intended to be silent? The best part was when in the rigging section the boobs wobbled a lot ...

OK, so this is a proof of concept, a proof that one can do "anime" in AS, of decent quality of movement. Personally, I still don't get what's so desirable about "animating" non-moving characters talking a lot of nonsense while some fan constantly moves their hair ...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Personally, I still don't get what's so desirable about "animating" non-moving characters talking a lot of nonsense while some fan constantly moves their hair ...
:)

Because that's what's "hot" right now. I don't get it either but if I could produce it I would. ;)

$39... now I know how much content I need to provide when I put together a "character pack". That's a lot of stuff for that price.

I recognize the artist too. Would be worth it just to see his technique! ;)

-vern
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

shading looks pretty good, really impressive, must be that gradient / alpha i'm wondering about.
human

Post by human »

slowtiger wrote:Personally, I still don't get what's so desirable about "animating" non-moving characters talking a lot of nonsense while some fan constantly moves their hair ...
I find the art appealing, and I agree with heyvern that the character going to be very popular.

Even the over-the-top wind stuff is fine with me--I like the whole thing. The graceful execution, the nice colors, the slomo approach...

The only thing I don't like is the rather insistent spotlight on the mammaries.

Sheesh--get a room!

More to the point, tiger, I'd like to see a *damsite* more characters talking and a LOT less:

- butchery
- gore
- swordplay
- death
- armies (robot/monster or conventional)
- deathrays
- mayhem
- guns
- bombs
- vampires
- torture

And you know what else?

This includes the clueless cliche of squashing and stretching characters under big mallets, even when it doesn't hurt them.

Maybe that part's all in good fun, but hasn't it been *done* already?

Can't the industry move on?
Genete

Post by Genete »

The author of that piece of art is a very well known user of this forum... Always impressive.
I agree with Vern. Very cheap to be so well finished. I don't know how many copies would be sold to return the amount of working hours on that character.

Anyway, Congratulations Sang!

-G
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

my first time to see lots of gradients applied to a character, has anyone have an opinion on gradients in relation to framerates?

i remember having to minimize to even avoiding gradients on Flash-based web related projects.

i guess it wouldn't matter if the target is mov, jpg or png.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't think AS gradients convert to Flash. I'm not positive about that though.

Since I don't use AS for flash output I don't worry about render times so much. If it looks good I'm happy. I can take a nap or something while it renders. ;)

-vern
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

just thought of something interesting.

maybe someone could pick the guy's brain, like an interview.

let's get the artist over here for a Q&A session.
Postality

Post by Postality »

I'm more interested in the "update" than a pre-fab character...

Fahim, do you happen to have an update for us in reguards to the update to Anime Studio PRO?

Back on-topic, It doesn't really show much of the character doing much of anything... besides the lip-sync animation and some dynamic bones being used in the hair, there's not much else going on there.

The body for the most part, looks very rigid... I still think we're in the same situation as we where months even years ago. While it's difficult to do head turns, it seems there's also the problem of the whole body turning within the software. What we need is a powerful "morph" type ability in the software that Solo has. Everything else in Moho is better, we just need something for those transitions.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Nice looking character, at a decent price! ;)
Postality wrote:...It doesn't really show much of the character doing much of anything... besides the lip-sync animation and some dynamic bones being used in the hair, there's not much else going on there.
I agree. Some more animations of the character might help the sales.
Postality wrote:While it's difficult to do head turns, it seems there's also the problem of the whole body turning within the software. What we need is a powerful "morph" type ability in the software that Solo has.
But isn't that what makes an animator an animator? If we had everything done for us, that doesn't show much talent for the person creating it. I don't think it's hard. It just takes experience and time.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Morphing is difficult to program.

There is another thread for comparing AS to... that other thing... in the "Other Software" forum.

AS doesn't have "morphing" like that and I aint ever switching EVER to any other 2d program unless some God like alien creature comes down from the sky and forcibly removes ASP from our universe. ;)

So as far as I'm concerned... morphing like that doesn't exist at all in my world so I don't miss it. ;)

p.s. AS does actually have "morphing" that works fine for me. Just distort the original points on another key frame.

p.s.s. If efrontier ADDS morphing in some unknown future I can't see... I will embrace it. In the mean time I don't really miss it that much. Many other features I think are more important.

How is it that a "new content" announcement turns into a feature request thread? ;)

-vern
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

8) nice character - and more than anything, i'd like to get my hands on it just to deconstruct the rig!
Rose Agent Video Clips

* 18 SWF videos showing how Rose Agent was created and animated. The files do not have any sound.
w00t.
patrick

Post by patrick »

As this character is vector drawn, can it be rotated bodily?
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I really dislike the Anime style but I had to purchase this character just to check it out and support the creator. For £20 it has to be a bargain for the educational value alone.