How to synchronize character's action with the sound?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sergey

How to synchronize character's action with the sound?

Post by Sergey »

First sorry for my bad English - I'm not native speaker. My question is: how to synchronize my caracter's action with the soundtrack if I can't actually hear it in Moho? The song sounds for less than a second and then it stops playing. If I want my character to sing this is the problem.

In all other ways Moho is great to me but this is the problem I can't solve. I use G4 Dual and 10.3.5 OS. Is there a way to hear the music? Thanks.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

There is currently a timing problem in Moho for Mac OS. We've got a fix in place, and expect to release an update on Monday.
Sergey

Thank you for your quick reply and...

Post by Sergey »

...for developing Moho. Though I'm a 3D modeller I always prefered cartoon animation over 3D. I just wondered why there's no good 2D animation aplication. When I found Moho on macupdate.com I was astonished. Moho really comes pretty close to being a "2D Maya".

Special thanks for the tutorials - they are really good. In spite of my rather limited English it took me a weekend to pass through them.

To me Moho is perfect as it is, the only feature I would love to see is some non-linear animation tools. So one could create clips from the timeline animation and then combine them puting one over another as it is possible in Maya. Is the "actons" option a first step in that direction?

Thanks once more!
jefjan

sync

Post by jefjan »

This is really great. Last week I was trying to find a fast way to sync music with animation. Now I can't wait to download the patch.
Thanks
Wickster

Post by Wickster »

on a similar note... what is the best format should i load my sound file? (sorry i'm newbie) i've tried loading a 2min MP3 file and the synching is just bad (PC) even when "Allow Frame Skipping" is checked, it still synched pretty bad. Any tips on maximizing my Moho use maybe? Thanks!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

MP3 doesn't work so well as a soundtrack in Moho. Because of its compression, it's hard for Moho to sync it up to the animation. It's better to use an uncompressed format, like WAV. Once the animation is done, if you want to you can switch back to MP3 if you want to use the smaller compressed file.