About animation style

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Jeez, i'm wordy :S

Post by funksmaname »

I think Genete is talking more about personal rather than commercial projects, when we are the designers, animators, sound mixers, editors, post product'ors' and tea makers... :)

Anyway - regarding style - i actually feel i have a style, its my own way of doing things, but half my problem has been that i've WANTED to emulate other peoples styles which i've loved... like wanting to draw hot comic book babes or manga... but i'm not actually very good at that - i've just been doing my own thing for a long time and i think part of developing your style is recognising it and becoming more confident in yourself to see it as 'your style' rather than 'someone elses style gone wrong' :P

Taking 'Elsa the Giraffe' as an example, i think she has quite a distinct illustrative style, and a nice one at that; we all want to draw more like the people whos drawings we respect the most but they were just like us discovering their own styles when they started...

I dont think public recognition drives us all - unfortunately much of the time the people who think they are ready for critique are the ones that get most upset when the response is 'get back to the drawing board'... you have to be in the right frame of mind, and also recognize just who is making those comments - do you respect their opinion? should you listen?

Personally, i find constructive negativity far more useful than 'thats great!' because it makes you see and improve.

:roll: i always end up writing a novel when i just want to write a sentance :P sorry to be so long winded.