The Wiggles uses AS for their animations

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

The Wiggles uses AS for their animations

Post by jhbmw007 »

Okay- my son watches Playhouse Disney so that's the only reason I was watching this lol- but on the show "The Wiggles" they have little animation segments they do that I'm 99% positive are done in Anime Studio. It looks like they use bones and "bending" vector art like someone's arm, etc. They even look like they were drawn in AS because you can tell where the points are in the lines. Unfortunately, it's not as good as half the talent on this forum... :( Why aren't t.v. companies hiring US to put some decent animation on television?!

Anyone else know of any AS generated animation shown on broadcast tv?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

marchdigital wrote:I too have recently (well, the past few months) started using Moho to create a set of cartoons for TV for 'The Wiggles' (the 4 Aussie guys in coloured turtle-neck shirts).
The quote comes from this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1021&sid=fe72afb9e2220c ... 71b9a2a9e8

(Moho is the previous name of Anime Studio, incase you didn't know.)
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

I've gotten some professional work using AS, but none where they specifically asked for an AS user. I simply slipped it on the client and they loved it!

In fact, one of my projects is online. You can see it here:

http://www.dianabryan.com/chasingus.html

This was a Main Title for a movie. I did nearly everything except for design the characters and artwork, come up with the concept, and land the gig with the end client.

I've tried to tell my current employer about AS but since it doesn't fit into their established pipeline, they're kinda disinterested. That's the thing about producers -since most of them aren't animators, they really don't know what they're looking at (even if you explain it to them) when you show them something as awesome as AS.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Great stuff, Diana. Killer client list.

"Nozmo King" << HAHAHAHAHA!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Beautiful style.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Gnaws wrote:Great stuff, Diana. Killer client list.

"Nozmo King" << HAHAHAHAHA!
Sorry, I'm not Diana. She just hired me to animate her stuff. But thanks anyway! I've always liked her style. She's been doing silhouette illustrations since the late '60s/early '70s and has been printed in just about every major magazine you can imagine. She's a very talented illutrator and I enjoyed making her artwork come to life. I wouldn't have been able to do it without AS.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

slice11217 wrote:I'm not Diana. She just hired me to animate her stuff.
Oh. that explains the...
I did nearly everything except for design the characters and artwork, come up with the concept, and land the gig with the end client.
Well, nicely done Sir/Ma'am Slice.