Moho Demo

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

InfoCentral

Moho Demo

Post by InfoCentral »

Does anyone remember what the restrictions were on the Moho Demo? I still have a copy of it and would like to start learning with it but I can't remember what the restrictions were on using it. I don't think it was time limiting...?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

The limits, as far as I can remember, only effected the output. Images and videos were watermarked, and swf-files were in grayscale. There was nothing else that was limited, so anything you could do in the full version could be done in the demo.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Great! Now where is the best place to find tutorials?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It came with tutorials -- click the "Help" menu button...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

InfoCentral wrote:Great! Now where is the best place to find tutorials?
RTFM.

There are also plenty of posts on this forum on various topics you can search through if you have a specific thing you are trying to accomplish.
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

my demo i downloaded last week did not let you create bones, only work with files that already had them, such as the tutorial files. this made several tutorials unable to replicated.
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

i forgot to add that the demo also did not let me render anything at all. in fact, the Render option was not even listed in the menus.

so the limitations are quite immense.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

andrewjs wrote:my demo i downloaded last week did not let you create bones, only work with files that already had them, such as the tutorial files. this made several tutorials unable to replicated.

i forgot to add that the demo also did not let me render anything at all. in fact, the Render option was not even listed in the menus.

so the limitations are quite immense.
The purpose of a demo is to show what the program can do w/o giving you full access to the program. If you had full access to everything, why would you pay for it? Since you can work with bones the tutorial files that means you can at least get a feel for what bones do. The reason you can't render is because if you could just render out your animations, again, why would you pay for the program? I don't think any of those limits are bad or you wouldn't have any reason to buy the full product.
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

I agree with the limitations and understand the point of a demo, I was merely correcting Hiddicop's post above that indicated the program was fully functioning except for output issues.
Touched

Post by Touched »

Hiddicop's description of the demo was accurate for the previous version of the demo, when it was still Moho. The current demo is greatly stripped down.
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

Touched wrote:Hiddicop's description of the demo was accurate for the previous version of the demo, when it was still Moho. The current demo is greatly stripped down.
They should update the Help file to indicate the new restrictions. Otherwise people will download and read and assume it should be working when it isn't, for certain features.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I've tested the demo for the recent Anime Studio Pro uncoming release for linux and it is fully usable but don't let you export the animation. Anyway you can play with all the tools (almost all) and see if the Pro version matches your desires. It is a good new.