Smoother Curves?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gtcable

Smoother Curves?

Post by gtcable »

I've been trying to build a curvy stick figure type of character. I'm having trouble with Anime Studio Pro making my curves kinda rounded hinge points instead of a nice smooth curve. (see attached GIF).

Is getting a smooth curve even possible with a multi-point character? If I'm required to use 5 points in a single leg is it not possible to make it look like one smooth curve?

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Why do you need 5 points?

A curve like that would be smooth with just 3 points. And it would still have a wide range of motion.

Depends on if you need sharp bends at the joints. Using the curve tool you can animate the "curviness" of the spline at a point if needed.

If in smoothness you mean that sort of "lumpyness" from changing the width of a stroke... er... no. Not much can be done about that. It is sort of the nature of the beast.

If you peak the ends of a spline the curves and varied width strokes look a little better.

Forgive this silly and totally pointless animation. Was trying to interprete your sample image. ;)

http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/curvy.mov

-vern
gtcable

Post by gtcable »

Well three vector points isn't going to give you foot control, or look like he has a knee. :roll:

All the same I think you answered my question. This is just one of the limitations of the software. I'll just deal with it.

Thanks.