Moho to AS upgrade

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jedibugs

Moho to AS upgrade

Post by jedibugs »

Hey guys, I'm a longtime Moho user, but I don't come to the site often and I somehow missed the whole switchover from Moho to AS. I've only just now heard about it and I keep seeing mentions of a Free Upgrade for moho users, but I can't find how to do so.

Any help?

P.S. I'm a mac user.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I would stick with Moho. Do you have Moho 5.3?

When I got my free upgrade to AS I chose to get the PC version instead of Mac. Moho 5.3 on the Mac is ALMOST identical to the new AS. There are just a few enhancements but nothing that is an absolute must have.

This was perfect for me because now I have two full versions on my Mac and my PC. I plan to purchase ASP for the Mac in the future.

I am even able to open and save .anime files in Moho without any trouble.

Since you waited this long I don't know if the free upgrade is still available. You should contact e-frontier to be sure. If not and you need to purchase an upgrade you might want to wait for the next release.

Your aren't really missing that much.

There are two versions, AS Pro comes with more content, pre-done files that the low end version doesn't have. That is the main difference. There are also some features in the pro version that are disabled in the cheaper version (like group layers) but they are the same as the original Moho.

Forgot one really big thing. The newest latest version of Moho which I believe may have been 5.4 was a universal binary Mac app for OS X. This would apply to the latest version of AS as well. I think at the time it required Tiger which I don't have yet.

-vern
Fahim

upgrade to AS Pro

Post by Fahim »

Hi Jedibugs,

If you'd still like to get your hands on a copy of Anime Studio Pro, please contact me directly at fahim@e-frontier.com.

Regards,

Fahim
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'm running Moho 5.3.1 at work on an Intel iMac and it works fine. At home I have both Moho and AS, the latter mostly because clients already started producing in AS.
bruno

I missed the update too

Post by bruno »

Very sad to spend so much money for Moho and now I cannot upgrade to this Anime Studio.

I am using Moho since Ver.2. I was using it the first time with BeOs.
And I am still using it Ver 5.3...

But now it is time to say goodbye for me, since I bought the license only to support the Lost Marble Team. Now there is no easy access to support on e-frontier site.

And for this confusing upgrade system they should not be supported.
Do u have work for me?

Bruno the Jobless
cribble

Post by cribble »

To be honest, stick with MoHo until there are some major updates available that make it worth while upgrading.
--Scott
cribble.net
bruno

Re: Moho to AS upgrade

Post by bruno »

Ah ok thanks... I will wait...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

bruno wrote:Ah ok thanks... I will wait...
Do you know this thread is from 10 years ago? Moho has improved a lot since then (it even got its name back :roll:).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
bruno

Post by bruno »

[quote="Víctor Paredes"][quote="bruno"]Ah ok thanks... I will wait...[/quote]
Do you know this thread is from 10 years ago? Moho has improved a lot since then (it even got its name back :roll:).[/quote]

Yes... lol... thats why I found it again...

..lostmarble is the better plattform for Moho! Thats why I hoped to get an update for my 15 year old BeOs/Haiku Moho 2.5 Version ... :lol: