export animation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

penne_apollo

export animation

Post by penne_apollo »

Hello,

sadly i don´t know much about codecs, but would like to export quite many moho-files (Moho 5) (about 4 minutes in total). i need best quality - to create a dvd.
1. What is best to do? - should i export it with any codec or shoulds i first export as targa and encode afterwards with a film editing program.

2. what do following export options mean: "antaliased edges", "do not precreate alpha channels"?

i hope this is not to confusing to be answered. Thanks a lot.

felix[/b]
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Well, for example I work on a Mac and in PAL. I create my animations in
image-sequences 768 x 576 PNG (or other sizes if needed) / assemble that in QuickTime / do the compositing
in Final Cut Express / and do the encoding for DVD with Toast or iDVD.
If you’re on a PC, I presume the same rule applies: do the encoding at the last stage.

"Antialiased edges" renders your shapes with smoothed edges.

"Do not premultiply alpha channels" is useful if you plan to composite your animation
with other elements in a video editing program.

Cheers
Nolan
DaleG

Post by DaleG »

Anime studio always opens that startupfile anime.. how do i get it to open the project Im working on instead of opening that first

thanks!

(I havent use moho since it was moho. and IM getting back into it now.)
Genete

Post by Genete »

There is a folder called Startup and a file inside called StartupFile.anme.
If you change its name AS will start with a new empty file. If you save your work as StarupFile.anme in that folder, you will start AS with this file it you were working on it you can continue working with it. I don't recommend to you because it is a good practice to have all the related files together in a folder for each project (images, music, etc.) If you work with that StarupFile you will finally get a mess.
Anyway if you decide do it beware with the StartupFile. AS is prepared to recognice that filename and when it opens that file (in the startup of the program) the cursor goes to frame 1 (that could be a problem if you don't take care about it and start to draw in that frame.

Regards
Genete
rplate

Post by rplate »

DaleG wrote:Anime studio always opens that startupfile anime.. how do i get it to open the project Im working on instead of opening that first

thanks!

(I havent use moho since it was moho. and IM getting back into it now.)
Carlos beat me to it but he put some cautions in that I never thought of.

Navigate to the Anime Studio Folder. Open it and you will see a folder named Startup. Open it, and inside you will find a file named [StartupFile.anme] change that name and then put your file in that folder and name it [StartupFile.anme]
Now when you start up Anime Studio what ever file you put in that folder and named StartupFile.anme will be the one that opens.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I haven't tested this yet but could you put a shortcut (Win) or alias (Mac) in that folder with that name?

That could be cool.

-vern
DaleG

Post by DaleG »

thanks for the response!

It sounds like I could lose track of my files if I switch it so I'll keep doing what Ive been doing which is

1. double click to open the saved project I'm working on. AS will open with the startup file.

2. double click the saved project again. AS will close the startup file and open the project I wanted in the first place.

With moho it would just open a new file (or the last one I worked on .. I dont recall) I preferred that. I havent noticed any other differences yet between moho and AS other than some nice content material that has been added. Have there been any upgrades or improvements over moho 5.4? I think there was some offer for more free content when upgrading from moho to AS, but I probably missed it by waiting so long before using AS.

thanks again for responses