Do Greykid pictures really use AS?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

knunk

Post by knunk »

We're in the process of designing a small book of tutorials, it'll include the process of producing a digital animated short with AS. From Script to screen.

The book will also be an Art of, incorperating all of GreyKid's work. They'll also be 2 dvd's with the book. One with all our work and the other with working files.
great news!
Can't wait!

http://knunk.blogspot.com/
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

bring it on !!! nowish!!
Draw_Girl

Post by Draw_Girl »

We're in the process of designing a small book of tutorials, it'll include the process of producing a digital animated short with AS. From Script to screen.

The book will also be an Art of, incorperating all of GreyKid's work. They'll also be 2 dvd's with the book. One with all our work and the other with working files.
Oh my gosh,I'll buy that!!!! :D
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

I know the response will be enthusiastic with this one,

but I just want to let everyone know that writing a book, especially a tutorial book will take a little time. That and we also have to carry on with our normal work. (oh and judging the new AS 5 contest, I expect to recruit from this!!!)

Just want to ask everyone to be patient, it really is in the planning process at the moment and we have a lot of stuf we'd like to talk about so...

We'll keep you posted anyway!

Thanks

GK
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

That's great! We'll wait. :) Did you get a publisher -FriendsofED maybe? I did some technical book review work for several book companies and I've been pestering a few, suggesting they take a look at Moho/Anime Studio for some time now -also sent them links to your work and a few of the other power hitters. I think friendsofED would be a good match as they feature artist-centric topics but there are others. Good luck!
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
donnie

Post by donnie »

I am really starting to itch for this type of tutorial/work flow description.

Is there any chance there may be some interesting 'behind the scenes' extras on a 'la-reine-solei' DVD in the future? ...That would be Ace!

Of course experience and skill are always going to be the major factors in any astounding piece of Animation- but delving into the 'master's mind' as it were, to discover any gems of knowledge can only help!

Also I find it endlessly interesting to see how others work, and if you can adopt a solid workflow, proven by Pros like Greykid, then it can only make your life easier (and conversely animating more fun!).

So on behalf of hungry AS Students the World over I beg of GreyKid to get all the help they need to get this tutorial project out to us as soon as possible!

..sorry for the slight rant- Im just passionate about AS and beautiful animation!

.Donnie
CHIO

HELP WITH RENDER

Post by CHIO »

Hi GK´S Friends:

For my You are the best artists of this forum. :wink:

I will really be thankful if they can help me with the problem that I have.

Here my problem:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7920

I apreciate it your help. I saw you use QT files mov too, and the output image rendering are very fine. :D

Thanks,

CHIO
Carlos F. Bergoglio
CORDOBA ARGENTINA
knunk

Post by knunk »

NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

question for greykid: When will the book of tutorials be done?(like this year, the next six months, you know just sort of a general estamate)
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

NightmanGX wrote:question for greykid: When will the book of tutorials be done?(like this year, the next six months, you know just sort of a general estamate)
The problem is that a project like this takes a while to put together and because it is something we are doing ourselves it really gets done in down time between jobs, unfortunatly (and not!) theres a lot going through the studio at the moment.

We hope to have it ready sometime this year, but that depends on whether our new film goes into production soon.

GK
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

GreyKid Pictures wrote:
We hope to have it ready sometime this year, but that depends on whether our new film goes into production soon.

GK
-That sounds like a invitation to ask about the new film! So, here I am: tell us about the new film, please!

;-)

Scott
artfx

Post by artfx »

So is this new film something entirely produced in house or is it in conjunction with another satudio? Sounds interesting!
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

It's an in house production and we should start it in May.

We have a lot to do until then, we aim on putting together an Art of book for agencies and other work vendors, it a small book to accompany the digital portfolio. It will also be part of the larger book we aim to produce for AS.

The film is a pilot for a series that we have created. We hope to have it finished by the fall.

Until then we have a few other things happening in the background that could come to fruition.

At the moment we are working on something for Jetix Europe.

GK