understanding bone strength

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

muuvist

understanding bone strength

Post by muuvist »

I thought I'd share this because I just stumbled on it by accident when playing with the 'display quality' menu.
If you download the file below called "gridview" and TURN OFF MASKING in the display quality menu then you'll see something like this:

Now play around with the Manipulate Bones and bone strengths and the grid will give you a nice visual feedback of how AS handles image textures and the way bone strength changes the matrix of the image.

As a beginner I found that it help me to understand the how bones affect image textures.

Here are the files, don't forget the texture file:
http://idisk.mac.com/muuvist/Public/gridview

Cheers
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Err, the page seems to be password protected.

Anyway, the files can be downloaded with the following links: Once you've downloaded the files, replace greygrid.jpg in the gridview.anme file with greygrid.png, and turn off masking in Layer 3 (top bone layer).
muuvist

Thanks

Post by muuvist »

Rasheed wrote:Err, the page seems to be password protected.

Anyway, the files can be downloaded with the following links: Once you've downloaded the files, replace greygrid.jpg in the gridview.anme file with greygrid.png, and turn off masking in Layer 3 (top bone layer).
Thanks for fixing it Rasheed, I still don't understand what I did wrong, the public folder is not meant to be password protected according to my .mac preferences. I don't think I'll try this again.

Cheers