Virus wiped my pc and my registered Anime 5 pro!!!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CrAzY Dan

Virus wiped my pc and my registered Anime 5 pro!!!

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Hey guys

How can I get my registration back. I have tried downloading the trial version and entering my serial number but it says it is invalid :(

Could somebody help me please?

Thanks

Dan :shock:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I would say, send an email message to [url=mailto://fahim@e-frontier.com]fahim@e-frontier.com[/url]. Fahim seems to deal with these kinds of issues.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Thank you i will try this.

Dan :shock:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Suggestion -- when/if you get the replacement software, back it up immediately on to a CD (along with a text file containing the registration code). This has saved my bacon more than once...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

And to reduce the risk of getting virusses and spyware in the first place:
  • don't open email attachments, ever (rather ask for a file to be placed on a server, so you can download it)
  • don't click on links in emails, ever (rather type in the url in a web browser, so you won't be surprised by a spoofed link)
  • only visit websites you trust
  • use FireFox instead of Internet Explorer whenever possible (IE is far too powerful for ordinary surfing)
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

Rasheed wrote:(IE is far too powerful for ordinary surfing)
If by "powerful" you mean "insecure and buggy" and by "ordinary surfing" you mean "any kind of serious use" then yes ;)
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

No, that is not what I meant. What I meant was that IE give websites to much access to your computer's hardware. For some purposes, like Microsoft Update and online virus scans, you really need IE, but for surfing other sites, such as this forum, you really don't need this kind of access to your hardware.

Of course, this kind of advice shouldn't be necessary, but until someone (Microsoft, Apple, Linux community) writes useful operating systems for the general public, you have to be a kind of security expert if you don't want to be exposed to all kinds of dangers on the Intarweb.