Any software for creating spoken text (Mac)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dren0chill

Any software for creating spoken text (Mac)

Post by dren0chill »

hi,
does anyone of you know software that makes your computer speak in a form so it can be used for animated characters - would be great if it would work in a phonemic way or if it could be used as text-to-speech in different languages (looking for german spoken language). and it should run on mac OSX
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I don't have a Mac handy, but doesn't the basic text editor have an option for speaking the text aloud? I don't know if it can speak German, and I don't know if there's a way to record it to an audio file, but you could always hhok up the audio out to the audio in and record audio while the text editor speaks to you.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

You can run the speech synth from just about any app. Just select the text you want spoken, pull down the first menu (the one under the name of the app) and select services->speech->start speaking text. One of the truly cool features of OSX.
-Keith
musajoe

Not Mac but PC...

Post by musajoe »

TextAloud works and they have a german voice font. Gte a cheap PC and use this to create your mp3's and do the rest of your stuuf on your mac.
ktron

Applescript

Post by ktron »

http://www.apple.com/applescript/macosx/text2audio.html

One of the new features of Mac OS X v10.2 is the ability to convert written text into an AIFF sound file. The following scripts can be used to accomplish this conversion. To use them, place them in the Scripts folder in the Library folder in your Home directory. They will now appear in the Script Menu at the top right of your desktop.

http://www.apple.com/applescript/macosx/text2audio.html