Moho Fireworks

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Max Power

Moho Fireworks

Post by Max Power »

This came to me in my sleep last night.
It seems that the built in particle generator could make a believable firework effect with only a few layers. Since the variety is endless I think a small unofficial contest could be started to judge the best work. The specifics might be a little hard so a noob like me couldnt participate without a little help but the end result would be great.

After words one could take them all and make a real cool fire work show with a lot of variety, some one might even build a fire work particle script to include in future versions of Moho.

As I said, this was just an idea I had. The "real world" uses might be few, and it will be hell for slower machines, but it would still be fun.

Max Power
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Good idea. For a start, take a look at the fireworks file included with Moho. It's located at .../Moho/Samples/Particles/Fireworks.moho

This is a very simplistic fireworks effect, but it might give you some ideas to get started.
Max Power

Post by Max Power »

yeah. Ive been playing with the sparkles layered over a small energy cloud and a colored puff of smoke. Then im just doing some simple stuff like shadow color tweens and scale tweens on the sparkles and energy ball.
I guess next I'll put it in a group and send it up with a smoke trail then cause an "explosion" with the group's scale. I think the only thing i dont know how to do is cause the individual particles to slowly decend after their initial burst. Something with dampining i guess.

trial and error is very slow going because I'm on a P3, 933 bare bones system untill christmas.

Max Power