Sound & Music

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Simpy

Sound & Music

Post by Simpy »

Currently, the only support for sound & music in MoHo is through quicktime. Will this be changed at all? (I don't use quicktime and im sure many others dont as well).

I believe a "sound' layer would fix this problem (I guess if you'd call it that). Put sounds at what keyframe you want them to play, or add music for the whole presentation. With controls to stop & start, i believe this would be effective enough.

Just my thoughts & wishes.
Last edited by Simpy on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear Me Mortals
DetoNaToR

Post by DetoNaToR »

Yea, is great idea! It should be cool if there is sound layer in Moho.
cribble

Post by cribble »

On the yahoo groups so called "forum." Lost Marble said that there would be little sound features. You could import sound, sync and the rest, but there wouldn't be the function of editing within MoHo, or export to some popular file formats, I'm not even sure if the sound exports to SWF files!!!

But in a way, how would this sound layer work, if sound is mainly time based?... wouldn't it be a layer on the timeline itself? And if this feature was to be included i think it show the actual wave forms so we can estimate where to put our lip sync movement in or whatever.

Just a rant.
--Scott
cribble.net
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

Everything in MoHo and Flash is time based because of Keyframes. And yes, it would be a new layer on the timeline, just like the translate layer, and all the others. It would be a matter of, like you said, showing the wave form of it in the layer (this would create the need for perhaps a little bigger of a layer to allow visibility for the wave length).

Yes the sound exports to .Swf files.

I dont think we even need to be able to edit the sound file within moho, just place it where it needs to go on a keyframe (Similar to Flash). I think that would be a positive start anyways.
Fear Me Mortals
cribble

Post by cribble »

Oh yeah, so it does export the sound..... anyway, don't you think this should be moved to the feature request forum in that case??
--Scott
cribble.net
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

Yes I do....

But by the time I realised it should have been transferred to said place, it was too late :(
Fear Me Mortals
slx100

good idea!!

Post by slx100 »

good idea!!
hi i am glad to know some one who is love animationand moho.contact with me.