How can I possibly buy Anime Studio...?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Alonso

How can I possibly buy Anime Studio...?

Post by Alonso »

If there are literally no shops selling to anyone that's not in or from the US?

I've tried around 7 or 8, and all of them either require me to be in the US or accuse me of fraud (preposterous?). I live in Mexico City, and I have used Moho for over a year.
Please tell me whether or not I should move on to flash or something else, because I'm supposed to have an introduction for a TV-show done in two weeks, and I can't even get started.

Thanks.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

You can still use Moho for your presentation, the first version is of AS is pretty much the same as Moho 5.3 but with 100 dollars worth of japanese looking clip-art thrown in.
Mail E-frontier and ask them directly why they won't let you buy their product.
artfx

Post by artfx »

I'm curious as to what you were trying to do with it. I am new to AS too but I find it to be exactly what they promised. What didn't work for you?
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
myles

Post by myles »

Hello Alonso,

Have you tried ordering directly through the e-frontier site?

Otherwise, what rylleman said - contact e-frontier.
They say on their Web Store FAQs page:
Do you ship to my country?
We ship to all countries except those with trade sanctions in place with the United States and a few countries in the Middle East.
For readers:
Don't mind quesaco - he is currently frustrated and blowing off some steam - he admits in another thread he has only had Anime Studio for one day and is struggling to comprehend some SWF limitations. See this thread for more details. Hopefully as his problems are overcome he will have a different approach.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I'm sure e frontier is willing to sell you a copy of their product. Like Myles wrote, if you have a problem with finding a place to buy in your country, contact them.
Jus_Me

Post by Jus_Me »

THIS GUY AND HIS BASHING OF THIS FINE PRODUCT IS REDICULOUS!

I never seen anywere(never been to e-frontier)that moho goes hand and hand with flash.If you have flash, You know you can animate with flash also right?
Jus open your characters up in corel, Save each arm/leg/mouth as individual pieces, Then save each piece as a .png, Open them in AS, Add some bones and wallah, ANIMATE!
Then expot it .swf, Or do some point animation to change the chest for breathing effect, Save it as chest_breath.png

It can be used with flash very effectivly, Just have to do some thinking :wink:

(SORRY THOUGHT THIS WAS A REPLY TO THE CALLING AS A PIECE A SH**)

SOMEHOW I ENDED UP IN WRONG THREAD :cry:
Last edited by Jus_Me on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I have two things to comment on here. When exporting from AS to Flash, mixing PNG files (or any bitmap) with bones is going to give you a lot of grief.
Secondly, a SWF file exported from AS can look fine -- until you try to import it into Flash. Then all kinds of things can look different (I have posted about this in the past).

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I guess the problem is, and this is a real problem for studios wanting to switch to AS, that if you have all your artwork in Flash format, you essentially have to redo everything in AS, because AS doesn't import SWF. Yes, there is the method of using AI import, and we all know what problems that can cause with excessive point counts, plus that your artwork goes through several export and import filters.

Let's face it, Flash is the industry standard, any descent animation program should at least be able to import SWF files. Shockwave Flash 7 is open source IIRC, so that shouldn't be the problem.
cribble

Post by cribble »

jahnocli wrote: I have posted about this in the past
More like WE have all posted about this in the past.

I'm kind of glad i got my upgrade for free because i would've been pissed off to have paid money for literally no difference what so ever (oh wait, they changed the name, ahhh).
--Scott
cribble.net
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Let's face it, Flash is the industry standard
It's not. It is wide-spread, but far from being a standard. From 100 Animators I know about 50 use it from time to time, but only 20 or so really create something final in it.
But of course Flash is the standard among Flash animators ...
, any descent animation program should at least be able to import SWF files. Shockwave Flash 7 is open source IIRC, so that shouldn't be the problem.
It is not. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swf , last part.
IsraelRN

Post by IsraelRN »

I'm from Mexico City and i bought Anime Studio Pro with no problem, the download version, of course...

Best Regards,
Israel RN
quesaco

Post by quesaco »

myles wrote:Hello Alonso,

Have you tried ordering directly through the e-frontier site?

Otherwise, what rylleman said - contact e-frontier.
They say on their Web Store FAQs page:
Do you ship to my country?
We ship to all countries except those with trade sanctions in place with the United States and a few countries in the Middle East.
For readers:
Don't mind quesaco - he is currently frustrated and blowing off some steam - he admits in another thread he has only had Anime Studio for one day and is struggling to comprehend some SWF limitations. See this thread for more details. Hopefully as his problems are overcome he will have a different approach.

Regards, Myles.
Hi Myles, hi everybody,

In fact I already have cleared up everything with Mike Clifton (he is really a nice guy), and you all can know what really happened (and how had a happy ending) here:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6974

Regards,

Yan Kleber
"que saco"
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

slowtiger wrote:
, any descent animation program should at least be able to import SWF files. Shockwave Flash 7 is open source IIRC, so that shouldn't be the problem.
It is not. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swf , last part.
Heck, I and my recollections. Well, it should have been OS'ed. Stupid and shortsighted, Adobe :?

And about that industry standard, I meant to write: "Adobe Flash is the industry standard design tool for digital design and web programming." Of course, it's not the industry standard for the animation industry as a whole, not by a long shot.