Is Anime Studio the same as Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Will_3

Is Anime Studio the same as Moho?

Post by Will_3 »

I'm a registerd Moho user. Have v5.2.1.

I haven't used Moho in quite a while but use it for special projects.

It has always been one of my favorite programs.

1 - Is Anime Studio the same program?

2 - Do they have the same tutorials?

3 - Do they reference the supporting software vendors like the lip sync programs and others? (If not, where can I find this list so I can save it?)

4 - Did the original owner or creator of Moho sell or did he merge with Anime Studio or what?

Thanks for any help.
idragosani

Re: Is Anime Studio the same as Moho?

Post by idragosani »

Will_3 wrote:I'm a registerd Moho user. Have v5.2.1.

I haven't used Moho in quite a while but use it for special projects.

It has always been one of my favorite programs.

1 - Is Anime Studio the same program?

2 - Do they have the same tutorials?

3 - Do they reference the supporting software vendors like the lip sync programs and others? (If not, where can I find this list so I can save it?)

4 - Did the original owner or creator of Moho sell or did he merge with Anime Studio or what?

Thanks for any help.
Anime Studio is Moho -- e-frontier bought it from Lost Marble a little while back. Tutorials are the same, there's additional content than what was packaged with Moho in terms of sample scenes and characters, but the feature set is the same as the last version of Moho. I believe AS can open Moho files as well. Lip Synch all works the same, and there is even a new free one called Papageno which works very well with AS.

One thing to note: there are two version of Anime Studio -- the basic package is much simpler and many of the features of the former Moho are not available. Anime Studio Pro is the full package.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx