cartoon network animation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nanus00

cartoon network animation

Post by nanus00 »

Hi there,
does anyone know if the foster mansion for imaginary friends from Cartoon network, is done in Anime Studio?
I want to do an animation like that and it would be great to know that they use this software.

thanks
Leus
ha do ken
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Seem to remember a post on some forum that it was all done in Flash.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
nanus00

Post by nanus00 »

really?
well, thanks
ha do ken
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

I'm pretty certain almost all of Cartoon Network's modern programming (short of Ed, Edd & Eddy) is done with Flash, as well as other related programs, such as Mirage or Shake for post-processing and clean-up.
8==8 Bones 8==8
nanus00

Post by nanus00 »

do you think it would be easier to do that kind of animation with Anime studio than with flash?
ha do ken
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

read the greykid post:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... ght=foster
nanus00 wrote:do you think it would be easier to do that kind of animation with Anime studio than with flash?
absolutely.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

selgin wrote:
nanus00 wrote:do you think it would be easier to do that kind of animation with Anime studio than with flash?
absolutely.
So why don't they, if it takes less work and time?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Rasheed wrote:
selgin wrote:
absolutely.
So why don't they, if it takes less work and time?

Moho/AS is newer and less known. Those of us completely brainwashed by the Moho/AS subconscious manipulation module won't switch to Flash. I would assume Flash has a similar plugin or feature and it's been around longer.

;)

-vern
nanus00

Post by nanus00 »

so, you think it`s easier or better to work with flash instead of AS
ha do ken
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Hmmm. Depends what you want to do. Flash has much better drawing tools (in my opinion!), much superior sound manipulation, and a more intuitive (for me) use of symbols for re-use of content.

If you do a lot of character-based animation, though, AS is much quicker in the long run. It takes time to set up and rig the characters, but once you've done that, the animation part is a lot quicker and more flexible. AS also has things like a pseudo-3D space to put work in, particles and so on.

Why not get both, and combine their good bits?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
nanus00

Post by nanus00 »

i want AS just for animation, the other stuff like drawing and else i can do them in other softs and import them in AS.
But just wanted to know which program was more suitable for animation.

thanks a lot.
ha do ken
artfx

Post by artfx »

jahnocli wrote:If you do a lot of character-based animation, though, AS is much quicker in the long run. It takes time to set up and rig the characters, but once you've done that, the animation part is a lot quicker and more flexible. AS also has things like a pseudo-3D space to put work in, particles and so on.
I keep reading such things about the AS setup process, and I admit I am totally new to Anime Studio (last night) but from what I have messed with so far I don't see it being a lot of time and setup for a charcter.

Maybe my 3D background comes into play (been modeling and rigging 3D characters for ages it seems) , I don't know, but it seems the bone rigging and even switch layers are very intuitive and easy.

Of course I may change my mind the more I do. ;)
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
Thunderone

Post by Thunderone »

Perhaps the principal reason of than they don't use AS is than they could'nt import their projects pre-elaborated in flash to AS.
-No es el lápiz, si no lo que hagas con él.-

- It's not the pencil, it's what you do with it!.-
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Flash has quite good project management tools, especially the library which makes it easier to sort and reuse material. It's not as good as a full blown animation production system like Animo, but it does the job.

A studio which built up a library of characters, props, and movements for a series will definitely not throw away this treasure.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

slowtiger wrote:A studio which built up a library of characters, props, and movements for a series will definitely not throw away this treasure.
:arrow: Totally agree! and with that and the possibility of manage several Moho scenes in a proyect AS would arise like a/the new hope in the animation production world, I think...