high start frame, slow render?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bearc0025

high start frame, slow render?

Post by bearc0025 »

Long story, short, I started my animation on frame 4100 and it goes to 5000. My rendering takes FOREVER (It's been going for about 12 hours now).

After about an hour this morning, I still didn't see any frames drawn (not exporting in batch mode). Now it's about 80% done.

Also, my computer is pretty much dog slow w/ it still going though the Anime Studio Pro process isn't taking up much cpu (hovers around 3%) nor much memory (hovers around 7MB).

However, an 'explorer' process is taking like 90+%, 25+MB and any explorer windows I bring up pretty much don't respond for a few minutes.

So...
- slow render when starting at high frame number?
- Anime low cpu/explorer high cpu?

Thoughts?
[url=http:///www.thebooples.com/]Booples[/url] - Children's Bible song DVD
IndieAnim - independent animation forum
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Does the project contain any videolayers? A video in AS loops, so perhaps at very high frames it takes some time to calculate what frame of the video to show. That's the only explanation I can think of at the moment.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have noticed even on simple files, when you start at a later point AS has to go through some sort of process before actually starting the render at the frame desired.

You are skipping several thousand frames... if each frame required even a short time to "skip" over... it might add up.

My suggestion would be to figure out someway to eliminate all those unused frames in a second version... this is not a perfect solution but might get your render out or at least show where you have other slow downs in the rendering.

-vern
bearc0025

animation move

Post by bearc0025 »

I know you can 'move' the animation from a frame range to another range (e.g., 101-200 to 1-100). I had a problem w/ that once so I haven't used it much, but that might be the solution.

That wd explain a delay in starting, but not in rendering thereafter... or maybe it does??? :)

Thanks!
[url=http:///www.thebooples.com/]Booples[/url] - Children's Bible song DVD
IndieAnim - independent animation forum
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I just guess that perhaps it might help to have a "total key frame" at the beginning of that render part in frame 4100. Wouldn't that be a nice task for a script: make a key at this frame in every layer, in every timeline?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

There is a "Key all"-script somewhere in the Scripting forum. I searched around a bit, but I didn't find it. It's there somewhere, anyway, and it creates a key in every channel in every layer.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

aren't you talking about copy frames?
is in the menu
Animation>copy current frame
if you select all the animation channels and copy the current frame in the same current frame, it will created keyframes in all the document.