old versions of moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bboyclike

old versions of moho?

Post by bboyclike »

hello...are there any downloads available on the net for moho 5 (the free version?) NOT anime studio...but moho. The reason why i am asking this is because the ORIGINAL moho 5 had the coolest demo version i've ever seen! ALL of the features were available, and you could keep it forever! while anime studio on the other hand, has a demo, but you only get to use the thing for thirty days! i can't create a animation in thirty days (unless its' a very and i mean VERY short film!)! and on top of that, the import and export abilities are limited! but in moho 5, EVERYTHING is available in the demo version, and all you have to deal with is a small water mark! but anywho i'm currently out of a job (but i'm looking for one though...) so its' not like i can just save up money and buy anime studio. thats' why i want the moho 5 demo so badly. so if anyone has the time, can you please post a link of where i can download moho 5 (demo version)? i would really appreciate it if you did...PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE! :(
idragosani

Re: old versions of moho?

Post by idragosani »

bboyclike wrote:hello...are there any downloads available on the net for moho 5 (the free version?) NOT anime studio...but moho. The reason why i am asking this is because the ORIGINAL moho 5 had the coolest demo version i've ever seen! ALL of the features were available, and you could keep it forever! while anime studio on the other hand, has a demo, but you only get to use the thing for thirty days! i can't create a animation in thirty days (unless its' a very and i mean VERY short film!)! and on top of that, the import and export abilities are limited! but in moho 5, EVERYTHING is available in the demo version, and all you have to deal with is a small water mark! but anywho i'm currently out of a job (but i'm looking for one though...) so its' not like i can just save up money and buy anime studio. thats' why i want the moho 5 demo so badly. so if anyone has the time, can you please post a link of where i can download moho 5 (demo version)? i would really appreciate it if you did...PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE! :(
I think you are out of luck, you can't get the Moho versions anymore.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

"you can't get the Moho versions anymore"

Well, you still can, but not legally ;)
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Rasheed wrote:"you can't get the Moho versions anymore"

Well, you still can, but not legally ;)
Yeah, well, I wasn't going to say anything to get anyone in trouble. :-P
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Lost Marble was very clear on this:
LostMarble wrote: for existing Moho users
They'd rather not have people point to that directory. It is only for people who need to reinstall Moho for whatever reason. If people keep pointing to this directory, chances are Lost Marble will remove the directory and you'd have to ask LM to send you a copy of Moho if you need one, for instance after a harddisk faillure.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Thirty day are a short time but suffice ( barely) to test it.
The prior Moho demo version is the best and costumer friendly demo version that I have seen.
I played with him for some times than I bought the software.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I'm sure you're right, but I'm under the distinct impression that the original poster had no intention whatsoever to become a customer; he just wanted a freebie to play with, probably to kill some time.

Partnering with e frontier to be able to resume further development of Moho/Anime Studio simply means the freebie days are over. Anime Studio Pro is professional software for professional animators (it was requested several times on this forum to fork Moho into a hobbyist and a professional version, remember?). AS Pro is still inexpensive compared to other professional character animation software, so it is still possible for a lone animator to use Anime Studio Pro to sharpen his or her skills, and even earn some money by doing payed gigs between jobs.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

The idea of allowing existing customers with valid serial numbers to re-download the Moho 5.x software should not be considered unreasonable. Anime Studio introduced a number of new bugs and annoyances into the software that weren't originally present in Moho.

Personally, I think E-Frontier should at least be courteous enough to allow us to access the pre-AS Moho builds we've already paid for, provided:

- The customer has a valid serial number for the software
- The software only runs in registered mode
- Lost Marble does not sell any more copies of Moho or provide updates

Aside from that, not all of us have systems that can handle the later versions of Moho or AS.

Needless to say, there are a lot of legitimate concerns involved in this transition period.
8==8 Bones 8==8
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Bones3D wrote:The idea of allowing existing customers with valid serial numbers to re-download the Moho 5.x software should not be considered unreasonable. Anime Studio introduced a number of new bugs and annoyances into the software that weren't originally present in Moho.

Personally, I think E-Frontier should at least be courteous enough to allow us to access the pre-AS Moho builds we've already paid for, provided:

- The customer has a valid serial number for the software
- The software only runs in registered mode
- Lost Marble does not sell any more copies of Moho or provide updates

Aside from that, not all of us have systems that can handle the later versions of Moho or AS.

Needless to say, there are a lot of legitimate concerns involved in this transition period.
This is expecially the case for those of us who use Moho on Linux
bboyclike

Post by bboyclike »

first of all...rasheed, you don't know me, MUCH LESS WHAT MY INTENTIONS ARE!!!!!!, i souly intended to use this software to devlop an anime series that i'm working on. SO WHY DON'T YOU GO SOMEWHERE AND WASTE TIME TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE!?!?!?!? no one should EVER be criticised for using THIS software, or ANY software PERIOD! that's IT, and that's ALL!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

You intend to work in the animation industry and have no problem using software in an illegal manner (at least in a way not intended by the software developer). That is having no respect for IP, while you're intending to create IP yourself.

(1) "i souly intended to use this software to devlop an anime series that i'm working on"

AFAIK you don't need any software to develop an anime series, only to create one.

(2) "are there any downloads available on the net for moho 5 (the free version?) NOT anime studio...but moho."

If you Google on "Moho 5.4 download" you can find a couple of download websites with Moho 5.4 stored locally. So there is really no need to ask for an illegal download in this forum.

You either are not very tech savvy, because quote 1 contradicts quote 2, or you're being dishonest. Take your pick.