Concat

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

grolier

Concat

Post by grolier »

Hi,

Anime Studio is great. The last months I did a movie with many layers and 10 projects (i.e. *.moho or *.anme files).

My question: Is there a possibility to concat the 10 files to one big file?

Thanks for helping
Peter
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

no, in anime studio you can't work with several scenes.
all which need it, does it with a video editor after animate.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Or simply a program that concatenates your movie files. On the Mac I use AddMovie (freeware). You just drag and drop you movies, even the same movie multiple times. That's much faster than opening up a video editor.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Ya. I would recommend ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS to combine them all together.
rplate

Post by rplate »

Or... if you have Quicktime Pro you can copy and paste all your clips together, if you saved them as quicktime movies.
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Or good old Final Cut Pro.... which is my favorite.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

After FX is a nice program, but complete overkill if all you want to do is just splice some scenes together. iMovie is good enough for that and comes for free with the Mac, there are several free or cheap programs for windows as well.

If your project gets bigger than, say, 50 scenes and one sound track, you should go for a real video program. Final Cut Express would be the logical choice on the Mac.

After FX is your program of choice if you need to do further compositing of levels made in AS, or if you need to aplly bitmap-based special effects.
sacrejacques

Post by sacrejacques »

I use Wax and Windows Movie Maker to piece the files together
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Final Cut works extremely well and can add special effects like various scene transitions. Also worth a look is Apple's Shake program which was recently reduced in price from $2,999 to $499. It has features you can't find in most other consumer-level software and can help touch up any errors in your AS/Moho renders during post-production.

Finally, if all else fails, you can always just use Quicktime Pro to perform some quick and dirty merges using Quicktime Player. Quicktime Player has some surprisingly useful tools for what is ordinarily used as a simple movie playback tool. I use it frequently for planning scene flow before doing the full-fledge work within Final Cut itself.
8==8 Bones 8==8
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

If you are on a tight budget but want something along the lines of After FX or Final Cut, check out Jahshaka...

http://www.jahshaka.org

It's open source and still can't compare yet to commercial apps, but good for editing and compositing
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx