An ANIMATION program, yes, but...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

An ANIMATION program, yes, but...

Post by Rai López »

I think that LM are doing a GREAT job addindg and adding so fantastic features in every actualization, yes... and I'm so much gratefull for that how anybody can imaginate (really), but the question (If LM don´t mind) is:

why are SO features that can NOT be animated in an ANIMATION program? It's a pity, for example, that you have a great Camera Depth of Field effect, but you can not animate his Focus Distance, practicaly useless cause of this... Bone Dinamics are incredible feature too, but better if you can activate or desactivate it in time, another example... What about the Particles? Incredible job!! Yes, but If we could animate parameters, it'd be to DIE for!! Another things like Layer Origin, shape effects, line width and something more that I can't remember now...

Well, finally I want to clarify that I LOVE this program (if not I don't bother write things like this), I choose Moho among all other programs, and I'm very happy viewing how it grown and improve day after day; I understand too that it's an incredible "low price" program, and I know that things are more hard to do that it seems... I'm sure that LM do all that he can and I'm so gratefull to him because, gradually, he is creating the PROGRAM OF MY DREAMS! Uf, what an affected... Ejem! Well, I suppose that I only must be more patient after all and everythings will arrive (I hope) ...CIAO!

PD1: Don't forget, We are animators cause of We'd LIKE animate ALL! :wink:
PD2: (...and because We LOVE that little points called Keyframes).
Roy

Post by Roy »

I would think you are the ideal kind of user, enthusiastic and pushing the boundaries. If you are thinking 'hey wouldnt it be great if..' you are clearly thinking ahead. I agree it is a great program.
Errr. Um.
bellissimo

curious omission?

Post by bellissimo »

The most puzzling thing is the lack of any control tangents in the graph editor???? You have all these very cool half backed features like bone dynamics and still no real control over basic animation! It makes no sense. There really needs to be some fundamental control in the graph editor to do any serious work.
Moho is brilliant and ambitious and really has the potential to become a serious production tool.....but it really needs some basic things like the ability to draw control curves in the graph editor for animation.
A scene managment feature would be very very welcome too...along with the old attribute editor from the last version which was much more useful and effective than the current setup.
That said....the moho crew rocks and is well appreciated!