Yay!!!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AllenC

Yay!!!

Post by AllenC »

Hey All,

I just added another GB of RAM to my PC here...got excited and had to tell someone...LOL! Now I have 2 GB DDR RAM on a Dual Channel Board. Yippie!

AllenC
wmartinez

Post by wmartinez »

Well, I have to say, Good Luck! :shock:

Enjoy it. :D

Will.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

well... my last buy of 512 ram (from 128) now seems to be not so good...

(put sad music here and the brilliant eyes of a third world boy)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Allen - Lucky you, I just have 512 in mine..

speaking of computers..i had a major hard drive crash last night..faulty main hardrive..lost all that was on that (installed software, etc etc)
but i also lost everything on my second drive - which i had to delete to make my primary drive..

but i have a sata raid drive with all my installations and stuff..

i wonder what files i lost now..:(

Selgin - what kind of computer are you running mate, win or mac?

Whatever it is, your making fine work with it!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

what kind of computer are you running mate, win or mac?
i'm using windows.
and with 512 it's like a bullet!.

i have no money to get a better pc, but i prefer to say that i really like the pleasure of see how moho render slower and slower, and, of course, i like always animate down the real time.

(thanks patmals. and i hope you solve your hard drive problem)
AllenC

Post by AllenC »

Patmals,

Sorry to hear of the hard drive crash, that always sucks!

I don't use the RAID function on my machine although I probably should. I do have two SATA drives + one EIDE drive. I boot from the primary SATA drive.

I assembed this computer just over 2 years ago and it was the best I could afford to build at the time. I don't know if the added RAM will help much, I'll find out when I install Animation: Master again or use some other RAM eating program. Incidentally, I'm concentrating on Anime Studio and just leaving my 2005 copy of A.M. on the shelf for the time being since it is well beyond me.

Breakdown of my PC:
GA-7N400 Pro Mainboard
2 GB PC2700 DDR RAM @ 333 Mhz, Dual Channel (upgraded from 1 GB today)
AMD Athlon XP CPU (2.16 Ghz, not overclocked)
2 SATA Drives @ 7200 RPM
1 EIDE Drive (for extra storage)
ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Series AGP 8x 128 MB RAM Video Card
Dual Layer DVD Burner/CD-RW Drive (upgraded a year ago to that)
DVD Reader
1 Floppy Drive (only used to install SATA Drivers when installing O/S, not used since...LOL!)
550 W Power Supply
Windows XP Professional SP2

Assembling the machine myself saved me a ton of money at the time. There really is no need for me to upgrade this 2 year old machine further, it is capable of more than I can do with it at this point. I mean, it is a wonderful tool for the type of graphics/animation I am doing.

Of course, I sometimes daydream about building a Dual Opteron machine with as much RAM as it will hold and 2 PCI Express Video Cards with as much RAM as they are capable...LOL!

Okay, time for more work in Anime Studio...hope you get all your tech issues sorted, Patmals.

AllenC
AllenC

Post by AllenC »

Selgin,

What type of RAM are you using? I may have a couple of RAM chips around here from another computer I used to have. If it matches, I'd be happy to mail them to you. It was the "put sad music here and the brilliant eyes of a third world boy" that got to me...LOL!

AllenC

P.S. Yes, good work you are doing with it...the machine won't replace the talent so you are ahead of the game there!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

allenc, i'm very grateful. really.
i use ddr 333 ram.
i feel bad now because i can't explain my emotion well in english.
really really thank you, but i don't know if accept. it's difficult, and i don't want to be a problem or take advantage of your kindness...
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

You have one Beast of a machine compared to mine :)

I owne Animation Master as well. I havent upgraded though- i have v11.1

but i have slew load of other 3d products i purchased down the line,

I want to get some extra ram though..

AllenC wrote:Patmals,

Sorry to hear of the hard drive crash, that always sucks!

I don't use the RAID function on my machine although I probably should. I do have two SATA drives + one EIDE drive. I boot from the primary SATA drive.

I assembed this computer just over 2 years ago and it was the best I could afford to build at the time. I don't know if the added RAM will help much, I'll find out when I install Animation: Master again or use some other RAM eating program. Incidentally, I'm concentrating on Anime Studio and just leaving my 2005 copy of A.M. on the shelf for the time being since it is well beyond me.

Breakdown of my PC:
GA-7N400 Pro Mainboard
2 GB PC2700 DDR RAM @ 333 Mhz, Dual Channel (upgraded from 1 GB today)
AMD Athlon XP CPU (2.16 Ghz, not overclocked)
2 SATA Drives @ 7200 RPM
1 EIDE Drive (for extra storage)
ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Series AGP 8x 128 MB RAM Video Card
Dual Layer DVD Burner/CD-RW Drive (upgraded a year ago to that)
DVD Reader
1 Floppy Drive (only used to install SATA Drivers when installing O/S, not used since...LOL!)
550 W Power Supply
Windows XP Professional SP2

Assembling the machine myself saved me a ton of money at the time. There really is no need for me to upgrade this 2 year old machine further, it is capable of more than I can do with it at this point. I mean, it is a wonderful tool for the type of graphics/animation I am doing.

Of course, I sometimes daydream about building a Dual Opteron machine with as much RAM as it will hold and 2 PCI Express Video Cards with as much RAM as they are capable...LOL!

Okay, time for more work in Anime Studio...hope you get all your tech issues sorted, Patmals.

AllenC
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Your very welcome Selgin!

Your animation and characters are charming :)

selgin wrote:
what kind of computer are you running mate, win or mac?
i'm using windows.
and with 512 it's like a bullet!.

i have no money to get a better pc, but i prefer to say that i really like the pleasure of see how moho render slower and slower, and, of course, i like always animate down the real time.

(thanks patmals. and i hope you solve your hard drive problem)
AllenC

Selgin

Post by AllenC »

Selgin,

The spare RAM chips I have are not DDR 333. They are PC133 (2 x 128 MB and 1 stick at 512 MB), so they are not be compatible with your motherboard. Had they been of the type you used I would have gladly sent them your way.

I've been meaning to install a version of Linex on that machine, which is the one I had built before the one I use now...so I guess I'll go ahead and do that at some point. I tend to procastinate in these things...LOL

AllenC