Import Photoshop, Illustrator & QuickTime files???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Josquin

Import Photoshop, Illustrator & QuickTime files???

Post by Josquin »

"...Import layered PSD files using a Photoshop plug-in that converts files to Anime Studio format, included free with Anime Studio Pro.
Import movie formats including AVI and QuickTime..."

Hi!
I recently bought Anime Studio 5 Pro partly for those reasons.
But, where is this plug-in to be found? I can't import layered PSD files (only jpg, png & gif). Neither can I import Illustrator (.ai files) nor QuickTime (.mov files). What am I doing wrong?
Could you help me please?
(MacBook Pro (intel), 10.4.7 system, 2Gb RAM)
AllenC

Maybe This

Post by AllenC »

Josquin,

I use a PC and have the Windows version of Anime Studio Pro, but I imagine the GUI is the same or similar. Here is an image that may help, I hope. You just click "File" "Import" and then choose from the selection. There shouldn't be any plugins for you to download, they are included in the program.

Just navigate to the file you want to import and all should work. Hope this helped.

AllenC

P.S. If the image I posted did not load here is the direct link:
http://www.cartersfolly.com/import_help01.jpg
Josquin

To: AllenC

Post by Josquin »

Thank you for your message.
File>Import opens the same option panel on the Mac version.
I tried "Image" with the hope I could import psd files, but they all are greyed, only jpg, png and gif are "active".
I tried "Illustrator file" with the same result, .ai and eps files are greyed.
With "Movie", the .mov files are not available.
I also tried to drag the files on the scene but it doesn't work.
Sorry but I need some more help. Shoud I save special files to be exported?
For instance, only greyscale and no gradient in psd, no custom lines in ai and so one... The program help doesn't mention anything about this.
Josquin
AllenC

Pro or Lite?

Post by AllenC »

Josquin,

Are you sure you purchased the Anime Studio PRO version or the lite version Anime Studio?

In PRO you can import EPS, AI, etc. but in the less expensive version those will be greyed out. You can compare all the differences between the two versions here: http://www.e-frontier.com/go/animestudio/compare

Let me know, because if you purchased the PRO version and can't import those files you will need to contact the tech people at e-frontier.

Cheers,
AllenC
AllenC

Post by AllenC »

Josquin,

I just looked at the comparison myself...you should be able to import .MOV files with either version. I'm at the end of what I can do to help at this point, like I suggested, contact the people at e-frontier for help. I'm sure they will get you sorted!

AllenC
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There is a Photoshop CS script that will convert Photoshop layers into a layered AS project.

It is somewhere on the forum but may also be in the download of AS.

I don't think you can import PSD files directly into Anime Studio... I could be wrong though.

This script is only for the CS version of Photoshop. Anything before that won't work.

-vern
Josquin

Thank you all

Post by Josquin »

Thank you for your help.
I still have problems. I think that this program is not fully compatible with Intel Macs. I'll try to get help from e-frontier.
Josquin
AllenC

Post by AllenC »

Thank you for your help.
I still have problems. I think that this program is not fully compatible with Intel Macs. I'll try to get help from e-frontier.
Josquin
Well, I'm not sure we helped much at all, but we certainly tried!

I don't know much about the new Intel MAC, or about MACs in general. I had an aquantence that installed a Windows Application on one of the new Intel MACs and it seemed to work. It was a Windows only application.

Let us know when you get the problem sorted, Lost Marble/E Frontier have been very helpful with any issues I've heard about in the past.

AllenC
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I have an ongoing problem with the photoshop script..

however with illustration files, when saving, choose an earlier version format. perhaps 3 to 5? i think it will work.

i tried that with creature house / microsoft expression 3 and it worked fine for me
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Intel Macs shouldn't be a problem since I had installed Moho on one at work and already did some stuff. But I can test again, maybe today.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Offtopic: Those Intel Macs (especially the pro versions) are some hot looking fast machines, especially that MacPro workstation. I have heard of several former Windows users who have switched or are thinking of switching because of Parallels (virtual Windows XP SP2 or Vista RC1 in a Mac OS X window at near full speed). It's beautifully crafted machine with some impressive specs. And it runs Mac OS X as well, of course. And if you'd ever needed full speed Windows, you could reboot with Bootcamp into a dedicated Windows mode.