Default project loads each time?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ingie01

Default project loads each time?

Post by ingie01 »

Sooooo, how does one get rid of the default project loading? Can you have your own project load? No project load?
I have simply loaded one of my own projects after AnimeStudio loads with the default project.
Really love all the added content!!
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
Runfunky

Post by Runfunky »

Hi ingie,

Go into the 'start up' folder and delete or move the start up file. I forget what the name is, but I believe that should do it. You could even put your own file in there to start up as soon as you launch AS.

Take it easy :)
AllenC

renaming works too, I think

Post by AllenC »

Hi ingie,

Go into the 'start up' folder and delete or move the start up file. I forget what the name is, but I believe that should do it. You could even put your own file in there to start up as soon as you launch AS.

Take it easy
I went to C, Programs, the e frontier folder and just renamed the folder there called "startup" to "old_startup". That took care of the issue for me. I am assuming if I save images and the .anme file of my choice in a folder named "startup" then that would open the file I've selected for startup. As for now I just let it open up blank with my default project settings.

Cheers,
AllenC
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

OK! Thank you gentlemen..
I am still working on getting the moho plugins migrated to ASP
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

You used to be able to load a .moho file by double clicking its name in an OS directory listing. Now with the obligatory startup file, this functionality seems to be broken with .anme files.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Rasheed wrote:You used to be able to load a .moho file by double clicking its name in an OS directory listing. Now with the obligatory startup file, this functionality seems to be broken with .anme files.
It works okay for me on XP. My guess is its a registry problem - you have both Moho and As on the same machine - your system thinks you want Moho to open the file.

Try going to any moho file, right clicking and change the "open with" to AS - tick the little box to say every time and the problem should be fixed.

Regards

Rhoel.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Thanks for you input, Rhoel. I'm on Mac OS X, so I don't have a registry.

A file info gives me Open with Anime Studio Pro, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Perhaps it's just Mac related.

Are there any other Mac OS X users who, like me, can't open an .anme file by double clicking it in Finder?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

.anme files open in AS - they start AS, to be precise, but then only the darn startup scene shows up ... have to close it and open the file again.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Well, that was my problem exactly, only I have removed the startup file and folder, hoping that this would solve the problem, but alas it didn't. Double clicking an AS project file opens the AS application, but not the corresponding AS project file, instead a blank project is presented.
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Glad someone posted this-- so i didn't have to.. I'm on a MAC as well, and there seems to be no way prevent the start-up file (StartupFile.anme) from opening. Putting it in the TRASH and then opening one's curent working project still results in a blank "untitled" project opening first (which needs to be closed)-- not your expected current work.

Likewise, trashing the entire STARTUP FOLDER does the same thing...

It's very annoying. But it seems that ASP5 does not know how to open a current working project without this intermediate hassle.

hopefully, this can be fixed--soon.
JCook

Post by JCook »

You don't even have to first close the startup file. Just use the Open command and it will close the startup file and open the file you choose. Moho always opens a blank document as a default, and when you use Open it closes that file and opens your new one. Not much difference really, except that instead of a blank file there's something in it.

Jack
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Yes, but the point is that ASP5 should not open a blank document everytime if one wants to open a file that's already been created.

If one wants to create a new project-- that's fine, simply launch the application and get the blank screen.

But if you're already working on a project (or other existing projects), it's only logical that by clicking/targeting that file to be opened-- then that is what you would get-- not an intermediary blank screen. It makes double-clicking an existing project pointless. ---IMHO anyway....

Should be fixed to emulate standard file protocols...
JCook

Post by JCook »

Ah, I see what you mean. I made a little test file in ASPro, then quit and double-clicked on it and the default file opened. Yeah, that needs to be changed. Funny how it worked in Moho, but now doesn't work in AS. I didn't think it had been changed that much.

Jack