An -Universal Depth Mode-Or-Groupal Depth Mode- is ESSENTIAL

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BA

Post by BA »

from what i understand, z-buffering would not only solve the group depth layer problem, but also enable you to place a layer within an imported 3D object (imagine a character sitting in an open 3D box), which is currently impossible. This would make it so much easier to use 3D sets, which would make Moho so much more valuable.

So, my vote is - z-buffering GO! how soon can we have it?
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...SELGIN! (HI! :D) (¡y gracias por lo del ávatar! Sabía que al menos a uno le llamaría la atención... ;)) You know that I bet for Z-buffer, aren't you? Nevertheless I have been thinking on it, and another thing that I always have desired, is can animate the order of Shapes during time in the same vector layer, you know, instead have to play with shape opacity and duplicated (and duplicated) shapes, so... What about can make something like "Shape Groups" and have the posibility of re-order them during animation dragging them in the same group list (instead create a new window to it)? Sometimes I need to work in only one layer instead several of they for any/whatever reason and I think that with this interaction between shapes order and z-buffer for layers we'd have the total liberty to work fine with depth in Moho at last... Well, SALUDOS!!! :)
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keisern

Layer ordering the easy way?

Post by keisern »

I think a good, animatable layer ordering tool is the most important feature for moho when used for character animation.

I´ve read LMs reply mentioning a Z-buffer for ordering layers. Sounds like the right way to go, but I also have an idea:

Why can´t the layer window be keyframed? So, when for instance I reorder my layers at frame 50, a keyframe is set, and the order "pops" into place (using a stepped keyframe setting). This could be easier to implement than a true Z-buffer, as most of the tools in Moho can be keyframed. Any comments, LM?
Halvseint, animated talkshow on NRK
www.nrk.no/halvseint
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Why can´t the layer window be keyframed? So, when for instance I reorder my layers at frame 50, a keyframe is set, and the order "pops" into place (using a stepped keyframe setting). This could be easier to implement than a true Z-buffer, as most of the tools in Moho can be keyframed. Any comments, LM?

i agree... i had a seemed idea. maybe with a second layer window (could be a tab in the same window) in which we could break the order of the layers without to harm the hierarchy.