Mac or PC version

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Timeview

Mac or PC version

Post by Timeview »

:D
I am planing on getting Anime Studio Pro but I am not sure which platform I should buy? Most of my 3D apps are on the PC (Poser, C4D, Photoshop, AE) but I started to use a Mac Laptop Pro for my editing (FCP, Motion, Shake etc). Can I use my Poser content from my PC with the Mac version of Anime STudio? Any problems mixing? I expect to keep working with both platforms.

Thanks
relik

Post by relik »

The Poser output and AS input is "standard" OBJ so I'd say it should be cross platform for the most part. As near as I can tell from the script, it's outputting or linking the texture maps as JPEG also.

Quickest way to test would be to get the Poser OBJ script from EF, output a file, and then see if you can open it in a text editor on the Mac. If so, I don't think you should have any issues.

Of course the best way to test it would be to have some app on your Mac that would open a 3D OBJ File, but offhand I can't suggest a freebie modeler for the Mac (it's been a long time since I was a Mac guy). You might check out the various download sites and see if you can find something, even a demo, for that.-R
Timeview

Mac or PC

Post by Timeview »

Whch version of Anime is most stable - Mac or PC?

Thanks
OR>
relik

Post by relik »

I've only worked with the PC version, but I've had no stability issues with the software at all-even in the "beta" for this release. I've run it on a couple of differently configured boxes with differing levels of CPU, RAM, and video card manufacturers. Seems to be just fine on XP-SP2.

I haven't seen anyone discussing compatibility issues with the various flavors of MacOS, but that doesn't necessarilly mean there aren't any. -R
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I don't know of either platform being more stable than the other. If it means anything, my main development machine used to be Windows, but ever since I started work on the Universal Binary version of Anime Studio, I personally switch to Mac for my main machine. I love those new Intel machines.