Well, another installation problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

LostMind

Well, another installation problem

Post by LostMind »

When i download my mac copy of Animation Studio ( using my CD-key ), i only recieve a .html file.

I try after that to redownload it but the website tells me that i allready have my copy of AS.

So i delete the .html thing and try another time with my CD-key but the website repeat to me that i allready have my copy.

So, i'm stuck without an Invalid CD-key and no copy of AS.
aka False Dreams Land
-The Traveler and the Giant
-Security Programm: In creation

forgottenmementos.com/
myles

Post by myles »

Hello LostMind,

Often a web browser such as Safari will add a ".html" to the end of the filename when you download e.g. somefile.dmg.html
Rename the file to remove the .html e.g. from "somefile.dmg.html" to "somefile.dmg" and it will probably work.

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm not sure if this is your problem. Talk to the helpful folks from e-frontier at http://www.e-frontier.com/go/emailtech about getting your download reset.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
DaleG

Post by DaleG »

Removing the .html worked perfectly for me. Once its removed.. double click and it will open the dmg disk. The install file will be in the folder and will run perfectly. Make sure to use the new serial number that came with anime and not the old moho serial number!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

The problem with the additional ".html" often occurs when the download server isn't set up correctly, especially the mime-type for files with the extension ".dmg". I always had problems with the LostMarble website using FireFox and used the AppleScript simple cURL (I couldn't find any download link) or Safari to download software upgrades from the LostMarble website.

I have had this problem more than often when downloading Mac software from a non-Mac software supplier. Some servers are so poorly configured that PHP code can be downloaded from the website; the website designer had obviously only been testing using MSIE 6 for Windows.

It seems that thorough testing of websites using beta tester and hackers is something which is omitted because of time and cost constraints. Some websites are released as beta version (or even alpha version) and the final versioning is left to the comments of users. Bad habbit in my opinion.
JCook

Post by JCook »

I downloaded Anime Studio Pro for the Mac with Safari, and the final file had the .dmg extension, but the icon was for Internet Explorer. When I double-clicked on it it opened up a page of computer gobbledygook in Internet Explorer. I went back the finder and selected the file, opened the Info window and specified that the file be opened by DiskImageMounter. That fixed it. It's a weird computer glitch, maybe something in the coding of the file. But it works if you do this.

Jack