How do I move a soundtrack?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jbot

How do I move a soundtrack?

Post by Jbot »

Every soundtrack seems to begin at frame 1. I tried the script made available in this forum, but it does not seem to work in the latest version of Mac OS X. I cannot select any .WAV files.
Thanks for any suggestions.

John
relik

Post by relik »

.Wav is a windows format. The Mac version supports AIFF sound files. Not sure if the script will work, or if editing it to replace .WAV with .AIFF will resolve the problem, but you might try contacting the script's author about that.-R
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Taking a quick look at it, the .WAV (RIFF) and .AIFF are both based on the framework of Electronic Arts (I)nterchange (F)ile (F)ormat, so it may not be much a a hassle at all to set up the script to work with them for Mac users. I've got a pretty good working mixer script worked out, but I haven't posted the latest version as it's using huge amounts of RAM for reasons I haven't figured out yet. But I'll look at making the Padsound script work with .AIFF files tonight.
Jbot

Post by Jbot »

Great if you can, but I have no problem with .wav on Mac, it works fine in Quicktime. But when I try to select a wav file in your script's open window, nothing is selectable.

Regards
John
7feet

Post by 7feet »

You don't have a problem selecting the wav file as a soundtrack? For the actual "pick a file" window, the script uses a basic part of the script interface for that, so that shouldn't be a problem. If the script itself had a problem with the file, it would tell you. If it's not letting you select a file at all, then I'm not sure what it might be.
Jbot

Post by Jbot »

I cannot select any file in the script's open window, incl. wav's, which must mean it does not recognise the files. They have the correct suffix. Can any mac user use your script?
Anyway, I think the great programmer of Anime Studio should fix this so you can move a sound track around. Both Toonboom and the Tab do this with no problem and AS is being marketed as a great tool for lip synching.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I've never had any complaints from any Mac users, so it may be something has gone screwy when they set up the Mac port for the release. There are new localization functions, so maybe thats it. I made up a little script just to test the file opening:
http://www.sharemation.com/Moho/MenuScr ... enTest.lua

See if that helps clear up anything.
Jbot

Post by Jbot »

No, sorry, all files are greyed out, I cannot select .jpg, .anme or .wav and any other file.

Hope you can fix it.
Thanks for your help so far.

John
7feet

Post by 7feet »

If that's the case, try using another script like the Credits script (Scripts>Other>Credits) and see if that works, but if you tried that test file and it's not working, then I'm pretty sure it's something broken in the script interface on Macs. Could be a problem for a number of scripts, and just being a user not one I can do anything about. If the Credits script does the same thing, you should post it in the Bug Reports forum.
Last edited by 7feet on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbot

Scripts not working properly on Mac OS X

Post by Jbot »

I finally had time to try the credits script and as you suspect, it doesn't work on my Mac OS X computer.
Where do you file a bug report?
John
relik

Post by relik »

If you go to the forum index and scroll down you'll see a bug report forum under the Support subheading. I think this is probably the best place at this point because I'm not sure e-frontier has set up a bug forum or e-mail as yet.-R