Differences between Anime Studio and Moho 5.4

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kprod

Post by kprod »

Congratulations Lost Marble,

I love Moho and will be able to continue progressing as an anamator with
AS. Keep up the good work and keep on with your plans to improve the program. I tell many people about this great software and I'm glad for this awesome forum too because you guys understand the program and 2d/3d animation so well.

Kprod
DaleG

Post by DaleG »

I sent my original congrats to lost marble on 7-29, but I think the thread was misunderstood..

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... light=[url]

so.. congratulations..(again!)
grafixsuz

Post by grafixsuz »

Congratulations :D I do hope as everyone here does that this new venture will work out well for you. Looking for ward to further development of this program. I must say I am hoping for future release, now that it is part of a bigger partnership, that work on a newer interface, and feature set may be in the works.
Love Moho, regardless of the new name, and hoping that all you get the publicity you deserve after working on this project for so long by yourself! CONGRATULATIONS! :D
JCook

Post by JCook »

Toontoonz wrote:
it´s $99 Moho 5.4 in a shiney new box - but limited to one OS
Where did you get that idea? I have Anime Studio Pro for Mac, and it's also available for Windows. Anime Studio is also available for both platforms. It's not available for Unix yet, but it's been stated that it's in progress.

jack
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Greenlaw wrote:
Lost Marble wrote:Anime Studio, on the other hand, will support future development, promotion, and marketing.
Hi,

Congratulations on the release of Anime Studio! I've been pretty impressed with the tools in Moho and having a lot of fun with it. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next update for Anime Studio. Keep up the great work!

Best,

D.R. Greenlaw
Hi Greeenlaw,

I admire the work that Rythm and Hues produce.

Good luck to you guys :)
jbarker

Post by jbarker »

Lost Marble wrote:Here's the big difference:

Moho was stagnating. If you think of developing Moho as a see-saw, it had gotten to the point where all the weight was on the sales and support side, and the coding side was being neglected. It was just too much work, but with not enough sales for me to hire a staff.

Anime Studio, on the other hand, will support future development, promotion, and marketing. We've already got people working on support, quality assurance, marketing, website, etc. It's looking like I may actually be able to write code again! And it's not just me - e frontier has some talented engineers as well.

So if you were totally satisfied with Moho and never had a need for any new features, then Anime Studio is probably of no interest. (I know from experience that there aren't many of you in this category.) On the other hand, if you want to see some of those feature requests make it into the product, then Anime Studio is the way that is going to happen.
So if I have Moho 5.4 I should just hold off for a later version of Anime Studio which will include more updates (to the actual work environment and toolset - not a bunch of clipart)???

If/When I do purchase Anime Studio do I get unlimited updates as with Moho?

Will the Fill Tool in Moho/Anime Studio ever be improved? It's a killer (to me) trying to fill objects that are more than just basic shapes - way too time consuming for something that should be simple.

Other than that I love the Bones/Animation, and Effects. Best of luck!!!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

jbarker wrote:So if I have Moho 5.4 I should just hold off for a later version of Anime Studio which will include more updates (to the actual work environment and toolset - not a bunch of clipart)???
If you have Moho 5.4, then Anime Studio is free for you - don't hold off.
jbarker wrote:If/When I do purchase Anime Studio do I get unlimited updates as with Moho?
Moho never had unlimited updates. There were always a lot of free updates between major versions, but when going from 3->4 or 4->5, there was an upgrade price to pay. For Moho it was only $19 - I doubt it will be that low for Anime Studio.
jbarker

Post by jbarker »

If you have Moho 5.4, then Anime Studio is free for you - don't hold off.
Nice. The only thing holding me back is finding the link allowing me to download.

Just Studio not Studio Pro?

Thanks for your help.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

jbarker wrote:

Nice. The only thing holding me back is finding the link allowing me to download.

Just Studio not Studio Pro?

Thanks for your help.
Hi JBarker,

E-frontier should have sent you an email with the link.
You would need your Moho serial number to get your free version of Anime Studio Pro.

You get the Pro version, as that is what Moho is, not the cheaper version which lacks some features of Moho
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

If you didn't get the email, you can read it here on the forum:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5373