Just Got My Copy

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BA

Post by BA »

actually, after further inspection and some quiet contemplation, I take that last comment back, a little. (I guess I could just edit it but one shouldn't rewrite history) Further inspection of the content library reveals some pretty cool stuff, especially in the user movies folder.

I think I was quick to react because I'd let myself get excited about a new version of the program, even though there were ample warnings that this would be the same app in a new box. So, sorry if I seemed frustrated, I've just been itching for version 6 for a while now.

'Vent' is awesome, I'm really glad that was included. And although the library is kind of jumbled, it is actually quite interesting to see the varying approaches of a bunch of people, from different backgrounds and at different levels. I'm sure both the users and creators of the program can learn a lot from this sort of amalgamation.

The great thing about Mo - er, I mean AS is that it challenges you to get creative in how you use it. I look forward to seeing more from more people using it.
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
myles

Post by myles »

Hello BA,
BA wrote:I think I was quick to react because I'd let myself get excited about a new version of the program, even though there were ample warnings that this would be the same app in a new box. So, sorry if I seemed frustrated, I've just been itching for version 6 for a while now.
I understand your feelings.

However, now e-frontier have taken over the load for support/marketing/sales, all the indications are that Mike might finally have some time to work on making version 6 a reality, possibly even with some development support from e-frontier too.

That news alone should be exciting for all former Moho users!

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I am very pleased with the content of AnimeStudioPro. So far everything has gone smoothly and with that- Congratulations to all involved that made this happen. Wow now I really am a Pro!
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just to balance the response a bit: registration went smooth, download worked, installation worked. Program looks as usual.
TDR

Post by TDR »

Yes, for me too, ultimately the process went fine. Personally, I don't think the existing users gain much from the e-frontier thing, except perhaps higher costs to upgrade when that time comes... but what can you do? At least Moho is still around in one form or another. I have high hopes that this will work out well for LM, and that we'll see new features and improvements over time.

My biggest issue with e-frontier is that they are a "cold" store, and little more. There is no sense of community, and their biggest concern is selling electronic dolls and doll clothes... the tools are VERY secondary.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

The AS upgrade for us costumers was a great effort and I really appreciate it.
AS seems to be Moho with more libreries , I did have test it yet, the rendering engine is the same?
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

myles wrote: However, now e-frontier have taken over the load for support/marketing/sales, all the indications are that Mike might finally have some time to work on making version 6 a reality, possibly even with some development support from e-frontier too.

That news alone should be exciting for all former Moho users!
Until we all see the upgrade pricing that'll come out of this partnership... Not too long ago everyone was b*tching about the doubled price (even tho as Moho user, we got it for free...) Wait until an upgrade to 6 comes out, and the b*tching will pick back up over the that pricing...
hard as snails

Post by hard as snails »

hi, just kinda curious as to why anime studio pro's programme file size is six times bigger than moho's ( it's now comparable to photoshop!). Anyone know????
hilarity begins at home...
TDR

Post by TDR »

From what I can see, it is actually roughly 3 megs larger - which is still odd.

Moho = 8.5 megs
AS = 11.7 megs

The rest of it is all the included fluff.

Does make you wonder why Moho put on the extra 3 megs of weight, though.

Overall, I'd say nothng about this new deal benefits existing users. Certainly not yet. Getting AS for "free" really doesn't hold any value at all. But then, this whole thing isn't about the existing users...
hard as snails

Post by hard as snails »

looking in my control panel moho is 43.09 Mb and anime studio is 265.0 Mb ???
hilarity begins at home...
TDR

Post by TDR »

Sounds like you are looking at the size of the folders. The executable didn't grow by that much. Most of what you are seeing in the new included content I think.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Interesting. Somehow the executable has grown by alsmost 2 mb. Why? Very uneffective coding of the splash screen?
TDR

Post by TDR »

Embedded Lua?

Anti-piracy measures?

??