How do we (Moho Customers) get our AnimeStudio?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DaleG

Post by DaleG »

Id like to get my copy of the new software regardless of the name!

Any word yet on when it will be available to moho users?
myles

Post by myles »

Celeryhart,

just following up on some previous comments, you may have already worked these out yourself.
Celeryhart wrote:I"m confused... I keep reading about people drawing in one program and then bringing it into Moho... huh..?? Why not just start in Moho..

Is it cause they want a painted looking background or something..?
That's one possibility. You can also take a photograph or an oil or crayon painting and break it up into pieces (with or without warping) to animate - see the bitmap tutorials.

Some people also prefer the the drawing tools of other vector software - which is an issue which sometimes provokes more opinions than facts on all sides of the argument.
Celeryhart wrote:I just brought a big jpg into Moho and want to resize it so it fits the screen. I can't even figure out how to do that.... !!!! I selected the translate layer tool... and nada... !!
Translate means move, as in drag around - it's a precise physics/maths term for a certain type of movement. You're looking for the Scale Layer tool, next one right in the toolbar. Scale as in resize (scale up).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
typo

Post by typo »

Has pricing been announced?
myles

Post by myles »

typo wrote:Has pricing been announced?
The sneak preview peek we got of the draft new page at e-frontier (heh! all your web page belong to search engines :) ) showed a price of US$199.99 for Anime Studio Pro and US$49.99 for Anime Studio (standard).

(The link no longer works, so the sneak peek is over.)

Whether that is official pricing or was just a filler price for working on the draft web pages, we won't know until the official launch, or unless Lost Marble or E-Frontier choose to comment.

Don't forget registered Moho users get a free upgrade to Anime Studio Pro!

The state of those web pages seemed to be an indication that work on the Anime Studio release is well underway. In the meantime, back to using the very capable Moho 5.4!

Regards, Myles.
-- Groucho Marx
myles

Post by myles »

DaleG wrote:Any word yet on when it will be available to moho users?
Woohoo, new post by Mike Clifton in the Announcements section of the forum.

Not long to wait now by the look of it.

However, his earlier announcement stated "We will also release a "professional" version, which will be similar to the software that's currently available from my site, except it includes additional content which really helps get you started on new projects.", so I hope nobody is getting too expectant about new software features on this launch.

Regards, Myles.
-- Groucho Marx
Sequent

Post by Sequent »

It sounds like some of us are expecting tons of new features.

I'm expecting new content mainly, a new splash screen, and possibly some tweaking to the visual appearance of the program itself. Other than that possibly a couple things here and there - but nothing really major until the next release.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon...
vanleth

Post by vanleth »

For now, I would also just be satisfied with a Anime Studio release that clear out the speculations of the changes. And yes I think this is a nice change. Moho is getting serious! :)
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Sequent wrote:It sounds like some of us are expecting tons of new features.

I'm expecting new content mainly, a new splash screen, and possibly some tweaking to the visual appearance of the program itself. Other than that possibly a couple things here and there - but nothing really major until the next release.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon...
The only thing I'm expecting, and hoping for, are more advanced tutorials and content, to get the newbies (such as myself) up to speed faster. I've done all the tutorials in the manual, but they don't really help with anything advanced. Such as creating an actual walking character. Or explaining how to get characters to carry things, tutorials to cover a large multitude of the questions that occur in this forum. That's my hope at least...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

wizaerd wrote:tutorials to cover a large multitude of the questions that occur in this forum. That's my hope at least...
mm. i'm not sure, i think tutorials shouldn't limit the imagination.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Who cares about features...

... I just hope we get some xanax or phentermine with our upgrade...

;)

-vern
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

heyvern wrote:Who cares about features...

... I just hope we get some xanax or phentermine with our upgrade...

;)

-vern
LOL... Literally, I guffawed out loud here in the office, scared a few people...
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

selgin wrote:
wizaerd wrote:tutorials to cover a large multitude of the questions that occur in this forum. That's my hope at least...
mm. i'm not sure, i think tutorials shouldn't limit the imagination.
Imagination is one thing, creativity cannot be put on a leash. However, for those of us who aren't nearly as imaginitive when it comes to technical solutions could use some kind of guide to help us achieve some of the things we want.
Sequent

Post by Sequent »

Well, if Anime Studio becomes successful at e-Frontier, I'm sure there will be plenty of additional content and tutorials in the future.
BA

Post by BA »

ok, now that it's out -

us Moho users need to get our hands on this NOW!

please don't make us wait... for those of us who are working with Moho full-time, the sooner we can make the switch the better.
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

BA wrote:ok, now that it's out -

us Moho users need to get our hands on this NOW!

please don't make us wait... for those of us who are working with Moho full-time, the sooner we can make the switch the better.
Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but if it's essentially the same application, with added content, why would it be so important to make the switch "the sooner the better"?