How do we (Moho Customers) get our AnimeStudio?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AllenC

Yes

Post by AllenC »

Celeryhart,

Yes, I saved two bitmap images...one with eyebrows up and one down. Animation Shop 3 is was I used to assemble these images, or frames, as an animated GIF. As far as I know, there is no way of setting up an SWF file for Avatars in this forum.

AllenC
http://www.cartersfolly.com/moho/moho.html
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hiya CeleryHart!

Yep, because i was an owner of other E-frontier software, we got a newsletter invite us to come online and take a vote!
and when completed we got free software to boot (motionartist 2)

At the time, it wasn't know what Anime Studio was or what it was a license of. I at the time thought it could be Retas (a very high end traditional animation software in Japanese used in about 99% of TV (and film?) animation there)

http://www.celsys.co.jp/en/retas/index.html

And then further on they gave a second questonnaire (which i didn't get to be part of..:( ) asking for box approval
I learnt about the box art on this forum actual and i was almost SURE it was going to be Retas, because the number 5 was included in the name (Retas Pro was up to version 5 as well..but they also have a newer HD line)

I didn't occur to me ONCE that it was Moho..because Moho wasn't (in my mind at the time) the kind of animation software that could be used to make traditional 'anime' style animation.

Oh well! I look forward to see how it all goes!
As now, i FINALLY managed to order Moho! YAY!

after a few attempts..i was about to give up and wait till e-frontier released it..

:) saved me 100 bucks :)
Patmals

Re: LOL Celeryhart!!!

Post by Patmals »

well, im still in my 30's and still have a few years left in that 'zone' for me :)
BA

Post by BA »

wow, did this thread get hijacked.

there's at least one other thread for complaining about the name... this one is supposed to be for those of us wondering when we get our free copy of ANIME STUDIO, or MOHO, or HAPPY VECTOR BENDY FUN, or whatever the hell you want to call it.

I don't care what it's called, I just want the latest version!!!!!!!!!!!!
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
MrBunny

Post by MrBunny »

Actually I heard before that "moho" in japanese means something deragatory (I won't say what!) In spanish it means poo poo! And in Samaon, I think it means ugly :shock:

Apparently four letter words are dangerous no matter what language you say them in! :roll:

It wouldnt be very nice to sell something with a name that could potentially offend someone. :oops:

Moho is a great program, I just tried it out a few days ago! I'm looking forward to buying it soon too, no matter what the name is!

MrBunny :D
Celeryhart wrote:
I want to know why in the H*** the name has to be changed. Moho is a great name, clean, interesting and no history or stigma attached to it.
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

Oh my word.... :D :D too funny.. !! Well, there ya go. You're not going to please everybody anyway so what does it really matter I guess.

As long as the program itself proves to be what we all want.... we'll all be happy in the end. I really like it too and can't wait for the online classes to start.

I just want to know what is happening so I know "when" to buy it !!

Patmals ...... I just turned 61 yesterday... so gotcha beat by a long shot.

Celeryhart
AllenC

Post by AllenC »

Patmals,
we got a newsletter invite us to come online and take a vote!
I took the survery as well and got the free Motion Artist 2.0, but then I upgraded to Motion Artist 3.0 for only $9.99. Well worth the price plus a few minutes of my time to fill out the survey.

I think I'm going to like customer relations with the Lost Marble/E-Frontier union.

AllenC
bunnyb

Post by bunnyb »

All this talk about new names and things (ANIME STUDIO) brings to mind a program that Autodesk brought out, lets see ..... 15 or 20 years ago, Celeryhart you might remember this one, your about my age, gulp, it was or still is called ANIMator STUDIO and it was,well lets be kind, B***** Awful.
If I had my way I would stick with MOHO, its a super name for a super program.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

MrBunny wrote: ... In spanish it means poo poo! ...
maybe some particular spanish speaking country uses that as slang for poo, but I never heard it used that way. Moho as spelt can mean mold, but some people also spell the spanish word for marinade ('mojo') as 'moho' (pronounced the same).

I personally love mojo de ajo on yuca (a garlic/olive oil/lemon marinade on cassava root). Yum yum (which I am sure means something nasty in some language. :roll:

http://icuban.com/food/mojo.html

EDIT: Just realized that by adding a letter to the end of the word you can get a rude word that means what you said. Way off topic now -sorry.
Last edited by bupaje on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

mojo=rust in spanish, as far as moho=poo, we have people from many different spanish speaking(hispano-parlante)countries and none have ever hinted that it means so.
"and then Man created god!"
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

ok, moho (for me, an hispanoparlante, chileno parlante):
MrBunny

Post by MrBunny »

Mojo means poo poo in the caribbean, and mojon means a big ol' lincoln log floating in the bowl. Spelled with a J pronounced like Jose. ^ _ ^

anyway who cares. Let's just go make some art or something! Yeah! With our moldy Moho!

Always,
Mr Bunny
F.M. wrote:mojo=rust in spanish, as far as moho=poo, we have people from many different spanish speaking(hispano-parlante)countries and none have ever hinted that it means so.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

well, in spanish the H hasn't sound. so, moho is pronounced "mo-o"
and mojón is excrement.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

AllenC wrote:Patmals,
we got a newsletter invite us to come online and take a vote!
I took the survery as well and got the free Motion Artist 2.0, but then I upgraded to Motion Artist 3.0 for only $9.99. Well worth the price plus a few minutes of my time to fill out the survey.

I think I'm going to like customer relations with the Lost Marble/E-Frontier union.

AllenC
I apologogise for the late reply!

But I agree! I think Mike has connected with the right partners in my opinion too. I jumped on the 9 buck upgrade as well :)
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

:D all this name fiasco is starting to get rather amusing. So now I"m going to be thinking of this program as Moho poo poo.....
And I too , bunnyb, think it's the best name... !!

Well, go figure... guess it is what it is and we have to deal with it.

Come to think of it.... I really like Moho poo poo !!! :P Just what I need... more sh*t in my life.... !!! :lol:

Celeryhart