Anime Studio - Release Date

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

heyvern- "You get it for free... but now you want more? "

Vern, they are giving me what I got.
If I understod what the man said, the new version is just Moho 5.4 with a new name and packaging. Plus maybe some extra models I will never use because I do my own art.
Gee thanks!

And the next update....(when ever that happens; 1-2 years from now)? It´s probably going to be every year a new update that is going to cost you $99 or whatever each new update. If you want to pay your annual $99 subscription for your Anime Studio animation hobby, fine, but from what I have seen at the forums here lots of people have a hard time coming up with the initial $99 for Moho.

Moho is a beta product that at $99 with free updates is a reasonable deal. But Moho as a beta at $199 or $299 and then (I am guessing) a $99 update every year or whenever is a bit too much.
The400th

Post by The400th »

Be fair, Toontoonz, they haven't actually announced there's going to be yearly upgrades. You're operating in "glass half empty" mode. :D

Let's wait and see what happens before we take the pitchforks and torches and storm eFrontier castle.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

The400th - You are right, they have not announced "yearly upgrades" - it could be longer between upgrades.

I base my "theory" that e-frontier will charge for upgrades (version 5 to version 6 (or whatever), based on that is what e-frontier now does on their website for their other products and that is the industry norm.
Which I am not complaining about. Just saying it so Mohoers can get ready for it.

But Moho, as is, is a beta program. It has a long way to go before it is ready for prime time. (For example: You can only put one sound file in the Moho animation file and it basically has to start at frame 1. What other video or animation program has such a primitive limitation? And the drawing tools for Moho...well, you can read all my comments on that in other forums.)
At $99 and free upgrades (until it is out of Beta) Moho is a fair deal. But the same thing for now $199 or $299 - well that´s what big corp. marketing adds to the costs.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Toontoonz,

I reccomend you just stop using it... if you can't then there must be something you like about it... can't imagine what the heck that might be... uh.. cool tool icons? A place to bitch constantly?

You have got to be the most negative person I've ever met.

The glass isn't half empty... it's half empty and now you can't even drink the half that's there because it probably has bacteria in it or is too warm.

If someone filled up your half empty glass you would probably complain becasue you don't know when they will come back again to fill it after you drink it... and it tastes funny... and it still doesn't have any ice.

sheesh.

-vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmmm... I don't know what is worse... I wonder if I will be the only one person here that understand exactly what Toontoonz feels... :?
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Ramon - you know; you have spent hour after hour, day after day taking Moho to its limits - just like me.

Those that really know Moho, know. Those that don´t, well.....heyvern is here. :D
------------------
Why is it, heyvern, its okay for you to make derogatory, negative personal comments about me (and I made none about you), but I can´t comment about Moho and its new business deal? Half full, half empty, heyvern. LOL.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

can i be part of the "Taking moho to its limits" team?
can i? :D
can i? :)

well, i think moho needs many features in his next "serious" version.
the principal for me are: keyframable layer order, support several sounds and videos on the timeline (and can control it, move, cut, etc).

i have many more. but aren't really really important.
Postality

Post by Postality »

I guess this can be looked at in a positive light.

Since there won't be anything new in it in terms of new features, we get Anime Studio logo and artwork sooner.

Though I'm not sure what the benefit is other than liking the Anime Studio artwork and splash screen better, or MAYBE they really are working on new features and just don't want to say yet?

I guess we'll see soon enough won't we?
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

if i were mike, fahim or andrew, i would not show you the logo or anything. i'd do it just the day which anime studio be sold.
i dont' know, but i imagine that they have this weird sensation inside stomach every time they read our posts. this is no nice.
i imagine mike as a boy, the happinest with his new brand software, and suddenly somebody tell him "that sucks"... well, thinks mike for himself, he is just an idiot, he really don't know how is the animation software world... but mike still having this sensation inside his stomach.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I think Mike'll be okay. An d I'm sure that getting a much bigger audience for your really cool software is much better than a kick in the head. I'm not so wild about the new name, but I'm a pretty oldskool user so that's par for the course; for that matter (even though it's obviously not their focus anymore), but what does the name "Flash" have to do with animation?

Names don't mean jack. What does matter to me is the program, and if there's more bucks available and more time for LM to actually develope, all good in my book. As long as the now traditional (almost) lightning response to user's requests continues, I'll be happy as a pig in... y'know.

Most of my requests have been related to scripting (which caught me by the yarbols right off), and most have been adressed by the next update. Allowing me to make the soft jump through even higher hoops. So I'm not so worried.

Okay, Moho has some limitations. So does everything. If I were to speak for myself, I would really just wish that every element of Moho were accesible through the scripting engine. Then you could make it dance and sing the way you want it to your hearts content. Or, more realistically, someone like me will geek out and do it for you. Which is fine by me, it makes my brain work in a way I don't get as much as I like, and occasionally people throw legal tender at me for it.

And play nice, guys, ya start a flame war and I'ma gonna have to put a hurtin' on ya. Make some cartoons, fer cryin out loud.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

7feet wrote:Make some cartoons, fer cryin out loud.
Ha ha! This is the most constructive thing anyone has said on this thread...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
zlimbot

Post by zlimbot »

but wuld you all pay $299 for what moho is now & then maybe yearlyupdate money? i couldnot afford it. what student could?

/////////////////////

me, i personally, think heyvern is worker for EF. over 440 posts in over 300 days he´s bin here - that´s over a post a day...& he doesnot seem 2 use moho much (not much animations posted)- but everyday heyvern is here chatting up moho/AS. and if somebody sez something "unpostive" about moho/AS he is always first there to deflect,stop the colourful criticism. now he attacks people personally that don´t say positive-things about moho/AS. isn´t that typical - can´t handle/rebutt critics comments, so attack critics. good tactic. that keeps others away from being critical.

notice heyvern anime style here if feb. 2006- perfect testing for upcoming e.f. "Anime Studio": http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18630
anime - anime studio - heyvern doing anime on moho before moho is officially anime studio - coincidence???
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't work for Moho. I work for myself.

So... apparently... supporting an application... is impossible unless you get paid? Like... Mac users? They get criticized just for being dedicated.

When I find a tool I like... I tend to get carried away. I also want to make sure missinformation doesn't rule the day. It tends to get thick with bad news around here with absolutely not one thing to back it up.

Criticising is preferred to applause. I am so sorry to have wasted time with all the tips and questions I answer and scripts I have tried to create.

I guess... I am way too... goody goody for some people.

There is going to be 2 versions of Anime Studio. From what I gather... the low cost version will be the same as the current Moho.

Until we know for sure... what's the point in dwelling on the worse case scenerio? They haven't done anything yet and it's the end of the world around here.

When they screw me over (I doubt it) then I will get annoyed. Till then... I still got Moho... works goood.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

zlimbot wrote: anime - anime studio - heyvern doing anime on moho before moho is officially anime studio - coincidence???
I missed this part...

You honor me with your praise. I am giddy with joy that any of my work would conjure thoughts of a conspiracy.

I hadn't done any "toon" or "anime" before purchasing Moho. I used Hash's Animation:Master exclusively for all my animation needs prior to finding it.

Moho was the inspiration. It got me sort of liking that style. I had started dabbling with that style using Illustrator and Photoshop just shortly before finding Moho.. perfect timing.

I also got involved with a project that fit Moho perfectly.

Yes... I post a lot here. I spend way too much time on the internet. It is a weakness.

-vern
zlimbot

Post by zlimbot »

heyvern wrote:I don't work for Moho. I work for myself.
so you freelance for e-frontier. amazing how you whipped out that anime animation so quick. amazing coincidence you specialize in anime. i luv the colours. will we be seeing other "heyvern" creations in the AS extras file? :D :D :D
do you have a website we can visit to see more?