Anime Studio - Release Date

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Postality

Anime Studio - Release Date

Post by Postality »

Just wondering when this new product will be available.

A simple year or month or even quarter would be sufficient.

Just really curious about it.

Thanx.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
Fahim

release date

Post by Fahim »

Hi,

We're hoping to release it sometime before the end of the summer 2006.

Fahim
Postality

Post by Postality »

Sounds good Fahim.

One more thing reguarding the next big release. When will we be seeing features etc that the new release will entail?

Will there be 3D vector capability?
Will there be more additions to the bone dynamics such as 2D ragdoll type stuff, gravity for the bones etc.
more curve control

there's alot of things people are crying out for.

I'm sure all us moho users are anxious to hear what's happening with it.

The more news the better, at least then we'll be able to look forward to it more and have something to read while you guys work on this fine product. Updates on what's going on is a great way to keep people occupied, and build customer base hype.

I'm looking forward to anything new that Anime Studio gets. It's going to be a fun ride.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't think I wan to know yet. I like the suspense... like waiting for a sequal...

... Will Velma finally get contact lenses in Scooby Doo 3?
... Does Harry Potter actually die? (one can dream)
... Will there be bezier curve support in Anime Studio?
... Can Heath Ledger really be convincing as... the Joker?
... Will Anime Studio have reusable libraries?
... Will Broke Back Mt. II be about... lesbians? (one can dream).

You don't want to know too soon. Spoil the surprise.
;)

-vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...I want to know too (PLEEEASE :D)
cribble

Post by cribble »

heyvern wrote: ... Will Broke Back Mt. II be about... lesbians? (one can dream).
It's be the best selling movie alright. :D
--Scott
cribble.net
Fahim

Anime Studio launch

Post by Fahim »

Currently, as Moho/Anime Studio is a solid application, we're not looking so much to add new features to the existing build and then releasing it. For a long term approach and strategy with Moho/Anime Studio, it's important to understand what the needs of users will be once we split the program into 2 versions. As such, we have some ideas for new features, but as you know e frontier's & LostMarble's policy has always been to include feature requests from users. So we'll collect feature requests for both applications, as the program matures. The goal is to get it out there in the market. Understandably Moho 5 has been out for some time, we also have a game plan for existing users. This includes major updates. For the current anticipated release, the program will more or less be the same. We're going to add more content to it, in order to help folks get started faster. Mike and I want new users to learn to use it sooner and with less effort.

Thanks,

Fahim
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

gulp.
Postality

Post by Postality »

Hmmm, that doesn't sound to assuring.

From what you said, even though us long time moho users are getting a free copy of Anime Studio, we more experienced users really don't have anything to look forward to for new features other than a new name.

I guess that was the catch 22 of the deal...

Great tactic to get sales for future updates I must say, but doesn't look good on this end. :cry:

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but what's the big deal to even get the free Anime Studio PRO if it's nothing more then what we have now?

I'm sure I sound like a pure butt hole right now, but I'm just confused about the whole thing.

Maybe you can shed some light on this for us.
Rhoel

Re: Anime Studio launch

Post by Rhoel »

Fahim wrote: For a long term approach and strategy with Moho/Anime Studio, it's important to understand what the needs of users will be once we split the program into 2 versions.
Fahim,

One thing which would be good for the long term development, is to run a detailed user poll. The poll should be a mix of straight yes/no questions to multiple choice, multiple questions. Though phpBB cannot do that, eFrontier have already shown they have the software/HTML code to run advanced polls.

Whilst many people might tick ooff many options such as networking, wide range matting, or bezier handles, the really value would come from well thought out questions such as, "Which one feature would you like Moho/Anime Studio to have next": It forces people into thinking very carefully about that they really need as opposed to what they'd think might be nice.

For me, the choice between "bezier handles or any-to-any folder matting" would be a very hard question to answer. I suspect bezier handes as this would speed up model construction.

BTW, is Papagayo going to be in the new studio package? No mention of it so far.

Rhoel.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

So if I understand correctly, the initial release of AnimeStudio will be Moho just as it is now, but with a bunch of ready-to-animate drawings, models, backgrounds, etc included in the package.

And the price will zoom from $99 to $199 & $299, depending on the AnimeStudio version?

Hmmm....

So much for that big update LM was promising us.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Good lord... just snap your fingers and a bunch of new features right? You get it for free... but now you want more?

I was thinking possibly that the first "version" of Anime Studio probably might just be... Moho... in a new package. That happens ALL THE TIME when programs get a new... name... new "partners"... or whatever.

This new relationship with efrontier isn't ONLY for the current users...

good grief!!!... they won't even get any money from ANY OF US on this one!. They could easily have ditched us (happens all the time) and forced us to PAY for the new version. (Anyone own QuarkXpress? Talk about abusing your customer base.)

They need to get something out there for NEW customers. They need new people who haven't heard of Moho to see what all the fuss is about.

I had hoped there would be some cool new stuff... but... I kind of thought that would be really hard to pull off in the VERY short time this whole thing has come about.

The "new" Mac version as I have said before is a pretty kick arse update from what I know about pulling it off.

Keep your pants on folks... Just my 2 cents. Adding new featurs is a pain in the arse... I may not be a programmer but I know this first hand... a total pain in the arse... not easy... really hard.

They are better off releasing a SOLID version... than slapping in a bunch of features that haven't been tested properly.

In an "alternate universe"... one where too many untested features were added too quickly... you guys would belly ache a lot worse... I think some people just like to complain period.

-vern
Last edited by heyvern on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The400th

Post by The400th »

Well, I can think of ONE feature they'll improve straight away - the copy protection! :D
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Oh,poopie, can't have everything where would you put it?
It's probably because we are all imaginers that the official words don't resound with joy...... everyone wanted something, but not that.
As Vern said we aren't paying for it! (yet?)
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I think it's great we get the free update. Even though I'm satisfied with Moho v5.4. We'll just have to see what the update brings.